IGNORED

Season 7 ~ The NEW HSC Starts...

Vocelli

Vocelli is coming back.... as the Moderator of the 2600 HSC!

As most of you know I became moderator for the NEW HSC club for 3 years after Zero dropped off the planet.

The HSC almost died in 2012 when Zero left and think I can say I revived it.

It was a fun 3 years (2012-2014)!

I had some cool and different bonuses like 'Post a pic' and 'The Buddy System' and 'Poker hands' and

most notable I invented the 'Medal Bracket Challenge' at the end of every season!

It was great fun!

I too had to leave because of a nasty.... horrible... divorce... :mad: . I spent 2 years trying to sort out my life.

SBAZ and Jacobzu7zu7 took over in Jan 0f 2015 and kept the HSC going strong!

It looks as though SBAZ took it over exclusively for this past season... The NEW HSC Season 6.

SBAZ asked me to run it again (it does take a lot of time and effort).... and I said YES!

So.... Starting Jan 13, 2018...

The NEW HSC Season 7 will begin. (we will have the 'ifart Team Tourny' and then have a short break)

I will post changes (not many changes) and details and start an ideas thread in December.

You can expect the same great games and frequent updates like I did before.

Thanks.... hope you enjoy it.

If you didn't enjoy me as a moderator.... well... you are stuck with me... might as well come along for the ride! ;-)

• Like 11

Big thanks to Vocelli!

I've enjoyed moderating very much & now I needed to let someone else take over.

When I first came to the HSC Vocelli was moderating and he made it lots of fun. That's how I remember the HSC and I tried to model each round after Vocelli's style I hoped he could be moderator again, so I'm very grateful, and looking forward to the next season of new surprises & competition & fun!!

Thanks to everyone else for having me as moderator and correcting my mistakes :)

• Like 10

That's great news. S.Baz, you have been a great moderator. From experience elsewhere, I know what it means to commit to such a long term "job". A tom of work, and the need for constant reliability. My hat goes off to everyone who does this for the community. Awesome work, S.Baz, and thank you very much!

Welcome back, Vocelli!

• Like 5

As I only competed in part of this last season - and it was my FIRST season BTW - I'm really looking forward in taking part from the very beginning of the season for 2018 and hopefully making a good showing. If I don't make a good showing, at least have some fun and play some "new" games, revisit some old ones, and even play games I hate but would be only playing for the sake of competition!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

That's great news! I missed out on the last half of this year's season due to some post-surgery complications (don't you hate it when real life happens?), but I'm doing pretty well these days and am hoping to see the 2018 season through to the very end. :)

(Whew) & I thought you quit in protest because of my cheating scandal

(Whew) & I thought you quit in protest because of my cheating scandal

Nah, that wasn't it at all. I just had major surgery in May and had to take 5 months off from doing anything that would raise my blood pressure, like playing video games competitively. I'm still not quite back to normal but at least I'm well enough to play games most of the time again.

Now I just need to get another Harmony Encore cart before the next season starts, since I sold the one I had during the down time when I couldn't play Atari. >_<

• Like 3