Sprites in Pascal

Pascal Sprites

50 replies to this topic

#51 Rossman OFFLINE  

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 62 posts

Posted Sun Mar 4, 2018 11:03 PM

It's been quite a few months since I ran anything on real TI iron.  All the while I was using the emulator to build out the text UI, then build the graphical UI, and of course experiment in code, I just stopped running on real h/w.  In the process, my VDM99 process fell apart as the PC I was using had some configuration problems. 

I corrected that this weekend.  I opened up my first new box of 5.25" diskettes in a long, long time.  I got VDM99 working again.  And I ran my little card game in full animated Sprite glory on real iron.

The screen image isn't as clear as it is in the emulator, probably due to RF interference.  I am not using the RF modulator, I soldered a component video adapter a couple of years ago.  But the game works, and it is certainly usable, and I find it fun. 

But I noticed there is something uniquely satisfying about seeing it run on the real h/w.  

This adds an exclamation point to a week where I got a table saw and a planer from the 1950s, a drill press stand from the 1960s and a lapidary saw/arbor from the 1960s all functioning again. Having tools that were built to last is one thing; using tools that were built to last is entirely another.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pascal, Sprites

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users