IGNORED

Lego Dimensions Comes to an End

mmbe

As a parent, these "toys to life" games were the bane of my existence.

I mean everyone in gaming complains about season passes, DLC, microtransactions, loot crates, etc. But for some reason these things get a pass.

They are far worse than any of the above practices. They figures/sets cost $10-15 a pop and they unlock some content, and there's so many of them released for the games. Much easier to spend more money on a TTL game than the rest.

I like lego, but I'm glad these games are now all finally dead

• Like 2

I enjoyed Lego Dimensions and Disney Infinity. Disney had the nicer figures yet Lego allowed any of the characters to be played in the main game. I agree the sets for both games were/are expensive but occasionally Gamestop ran some pretty good sales.

I was gifted a few of the tiny sets because of the 80s stuff with them, but I had to go online to get the build instructions since they won't put them in the box trying to make you buy the dumb game. I've got Doc Brown+Time Train, Bart+gokart, Van+BA(A-Team), and the Midway arcade gamer(guy, defender cab, spy hunter car) sets.

Anytime a company puts build instructions exclusively online, for whatever reason, getting you to buy something or cost-cutting by not printing, I tend to return the product.

Instructions are in-game. Not exactly online as in "go to a web-browser and look it up", but not in the box either

I don't think so.. but since my console is always connected, I don't really know for sure if it goes and downloads them

You don't need to be online to get the build instructions. After the figure is built, the game should prompt you to build the accessory and the instructions will appear on screen.

Instructions are in-game. Not exactly online as in "go to a web-browser and look it up", but not in the box either

I don't have the game so like he said, I had to go to the website. I wasn't going to return them but I didn't realize it at first and I had to build the Doc Brown set entirely from looking at box art which took a long time and sucked. I got pissed thinking to return them and found PDFs of the stuff. They're not even being cheap, they're being devious and rotten to peddle the game.

You don't need to be online to get the build instructions. After the figure is built, the game should prompt you to build the accessory and the instructions will appear on screen.

But you still had to go online to get the game which has the instructions embedded in it?

Edited by Keatah
  • Like 1

Well bummer. I never got the game, but like the Lego sets. I got quiet a few as you can't get them any other way, lots of Dr who or gremlins stuff, back to the future. No instructions, but most are easily assembled from the pics.

Wonder if toys r us filing bankruptcy had something to do with that? I saw the news the other day, and Lego said they took about a 10% hit when that happened. I do know tru was a lot of exclusive stuff, and the only way to get many specialty or bigger sets.

But you still had to go online to get the game which has the instructions embedded in it?

If you don't have the base game, then yes you would need to go online. The Lego shop has the instructions in PDF format for all of the sets. You just need to have the set number.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/buildinginstructions?domainredir=service.lego.com&ignorereferer=true

• Like 1

I don't have the game so like he said, I had to go to the website. I wasn't going to return them but I didn't realize it at first and I had to build the Doc Brown set entirely from looking at box art which took a long time and sucked. I got pissed thinking to return them and found PDFs of the stuff. They're not even being cheap, they're being devious and rotten to peddle the game.

To be fair, they were always meant as game add-ons, not stand-alone lego sets. They aren't being devious to peddle the game, they assume you already have the game.

As a parent, these "toys to life" games were the bane of my existence.

I mean everyone in gaming complains about season passes, DLC, microtransactions, loot crates, etc. But for some reason these things get a pass.

They are far worse than any of the above practices. They figures/sets cost $10-15 a pop and they unlock some content, and there's so many of them released for the games. Much easier to spend more money on a TTL game than the rest.

I like lego, but I'm glad these games are now all finally dead

i'm not a parent, but i don't see any problem with these kind of toys.

if you're stucking buying them all, then you didn't set any limits, and it's your own fault if you want to collect them.

besides, if you're really want them, get them used on ebay or amazon for cheap.

i bought the base set used, and the arcade one also, just to get the arcade games, that was it. never had an interest in getting any other ones, or even playing or making them.

in fact you can still play the game without making any of them, just use the tokens on the base set.

later

Edited by negative1

Skylanders is still going, right?

From what I recall, the last tid bit I saw about Skylanders was the were going to just release content for the newer Imaginators. Figures and level packs, and not release a new game, with the exception of releasing Imaginators on the Switch. In my opinion they should have done that all along. Releasing new $80+ games and about $500 worth of new figures etc... every damn year just pissed people (parents mostly) off.

They did it right when they released GIANTS in that you could use the same base, and really only needed to buy the game and 1 figure, a Giant to get through the game. Forcing people to buy a new base, a new game, all new figures and all new lame additions (vehicles, new elements, crystals, etc..) to experience everything wasn't going to last long. Sad really. I enjoyed the lego game. Good news is, now folks can pick these up on the cheap!!

i'm not a parent, but i don't see any problem with these kind of toys.

if you're stucking buying them all, then you didn't set any limits, and it's your own fault if you want to collect them.

besides, if you're really want them, get them used on ebay or amazon for cheap.

We don't buy them all, but still there's lego everywhere from them, or skylanders or whatever. Not to mention that each game requires it's own portal with cables, and it makes a mess and there's no place to store it all cleanly in the living room where the consoles are. Face it, the physical aspect of it is pointless, and nothing but a grab for more money. Why not just sell the skins in game?

We love the Dimension series. My 6 year old daughter and I play together in 2 player co-op and get hours of enjoyment out of each set. We wait until they are over 6 moths old and the pick up the packs with my Best Buy Rewards for less than half original price. The build instructions are part of the game (online isn't necessary), there are 3 levels of upgrades for each vehicle. As the game progresses and you level up, you modify each vehicle, basically getting to build it 3 separate times.

Each set opens up a different world, and many of these are larger with more content than some AAA games if have played.

In between our gaming sessions, she can use the LEGO sets to play with her other LEGOs. When you look at the prices of regular LEGO sets, we pay about the same price and get the video game content as well.

• Like 2