Photo

Can't select games with genesis controller in menu

3 replies to this topic

#1 Final Theory OFFLINE  

Final Theory

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:42 PM

Hi, I just got my Harmony Encore cartridge in the mail and I formatted my SD card and loaded some roms onto it for testing and I came across a problem. My sega genesis controller did not want to work in navigating through the menus and such. Like I couldn't select a game or anything.

Please note that I only use a sega genesis controller for playing the atari 2600 games. This is my preference. Actually I'm using a 7800 for all of this. I luckily found an old paddle controller in my closet and when I use this paddle controller I can navigate through the menus and select games just fine, but then I have to switch back to the genesis controller. Doing this every time a pain to play games.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Edited by Final Theory, Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:51 PM.

#2 SpiceWare OFFLINE  

SpiceWare

Draconian

• 12,803 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:27 PM

The genesis controller confuses the controller detection routine to thinking a paddle is plugged in. Holding down button B when turning on your Atari will force joystick mode.

#3 Final Theory OFFLINE  

Final Theory

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 27 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:07 PM

Wow, thank you so so much. It works perfect now. You are a lifesaver.

#4 LidLikesIntellivision OFFLINE  

LidLikesIntellivision

River Patroller

• 3,762 posts
  • HSC Player

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 3:25 PM

The genesis controller confuses the controller detection routine to thinking a paddle is plugged in. Holding down button B when turning on your Atari will force joystick mode.

Thank you!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users