IGNORED

Intellivision Coffee Mug @ Target

Guest LiqMat

Wait I just watched "The Shining" a few days ago one of my top 3 movies - I'd that really the hotel from movie & was it in Portland? If so just another reason to keep PRGE on my bucket list very cool.

The Timberline Lodge was used for arial photography. There was a set of the hotel for close ups and the interior was filmed in a studio. So, as a real building, that's the Overlook hotel.

btw. The way to the hotel was filmed somewhere different. :)

• Like 1

Wait I just watched "The Shining" a few days ago one of my top 3 movies - I'd that really the hotel from movie & was it in Portland? If so just another reason to keep PRGE on my bucket list very cool.

People can ski and snowboard there throughout the summer. Pretty cool place. Literally.

https://www.onthesnow.com/news/a/584597/the-ski-season-that-never-ends--mt--hood

• Like 2

Yepp, I almost started a snowball fight... ;)

Ha. Only drove up there once from Portland and had breakfast at the lodge. It was nice just hiking up the trails and watching the skiers come down the slopes in 70F weather.

• Like 1

Intymike,

Thanks for info - really cool & good to know. And so funny you mention the drive to hotel in very beginning of movie as the music was downright awesome and that drive was scenic as hell wonder where that was filmed. Thanks again.

Joe

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going-to-the-Sun_Road

• Like 1

Intymike,

Thanks for info - really cool & good to know. And so funny you mention the drive to hotel in very beginning of movie as the music was downright awesome and that drive was scenic as hell wonder where that was filmed. Thanks again.

Joe

the music of the intro is an adaptation of a piece composed by Berlioz that has been rearranged and played by Wendy Carlos, the same musician and composer of the Tron soundtrack.

So, there's a (weak) connection between The Shining and the Intellivision world. We always keep threads on topic around here, hehe

All work and no play makes me a dull boy

• Like 2

the music of the intro is an adaptation of a piece composed by Berlioz that has been rearranged and played by Wendy Carlos, the same musician and composer of the Tron soundtrack.

So, there's a (weak) connection between The Shining and the Intellivision world. We always keep threads on topic around here, hehe

All work and no play makes me a dull boy

Wendy Carlos (back then still Walter Carlos) did also the music for Clockwork Orange.

She did the music of three of my favorite movies.

Latest status.

1 mug, 1 water bottle - Intymike - Shipped 11/6/2017

1 mug, 1 water bottle - Cmart - Shipped 11/7/2017

2 mugs, 2 water bottles - Steve Jones - Shipped 11/6/2017

1 mug, 1 water bottle - SiLic0ne t0aD - Shipped 11/8/2017

2 mugs - wolfy62 - Ready to ship, awaiting payment

1 water bottle - JoeM_Intellivision - Shipped 11/8/2017

Mine arrived today, thanks again for shipping to us deprived foreigners. Cheers!

Mine arrived today, thanks again for shipping to us deprived foreigners. Cheers!

No problemo. Sorry about the steep shipping, but with two mugs and two water bottles the larger dimensions and added weight tipped it much higher than if it had been one of each. Cmart's one mug and one water bottle came out MUCH cheaper First Class because of the smaller box and lighter weight. It's a weird international shipping scale that USPS goes by, but they are still cheaper than the others in most cases. USPS is cheap if you keep it tiny with international. There was a $4 difference between First Class ground and Priority in your case so I went with Priority because I have found with the much faster Priority there is much less chance of damage. Glad it all arrived ok.

Edited by LiqMat
  • Like 1