IGNORED

Secret Quest Release Date?

Random Terrain

If the post below is correct, Secret Quest could be purchased in December of 1989:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/81602-last-releases-for-every-system/?p=996489

I bought Secret Quest in December 1989, at the same time I bought Zelda 2. It was absolutely positively NOT the last 2600 game.

The last 2600 games that I personally saw hit the shelf were Double Dragon and Rampage.

Did anyone get it earlier than that? I'll toss it in December as a "Desperate Super Extreme Best Guess" if nobody remembers buying the game before December.

Thanks for the replies. I was just wondering since it was "reviewed" in the May/June 1989 issue of Atarian on page 7. Thought it might have been released before December.

Speaking of release months, I thought I could stop at 1989 with my Atari 2600 NTSC video game release date pages, but it looks like I'll have to go up to 1990 thanks to a few stragglers. Yay! More work for me. :party:

• 3 weeks later...

The last games released were Klax, Xenophobe, Sentinel, MotoRodeo, Fatal Run 1990. secret quest released in 1989

Looks like NTSC Ikari Warriors, MotoRodeo, Sentinel, and Xenophobe were released around March of 1991:

atariage.com/forums/topic/271599-did-you-get-ntsc-ikari-warriors-when-it-was-new/?p=3886986

atariage.com/forums/topic/271599-did-you-get-ntsc-ikari-warriors-when-it-was-new/?p=3882900