IGNORED

Rate my collection!

So I sorta forgot about this website and was last on here 2 years ago... I asked a similar question, but didn't really understand what I had. Now that I've learned a bit more, tell me what you think of what I have.

post-41666-0-55430300-1509340556_thumb.jpg

post-41666-0-57925400-1509340568_thumb.jpg

post-41666-0-25280800-1509340576_thumb.jpg

post-41666-0-48310400-1509340583_thumb.jpg

post-41666-0-81397400-1509340592_thumb.jpg

I think I have every peripheral for intellivision, minus the play cable...

And on a slightly different topic, does anyone know how rare/valuable a Magnavox odyssey 2 would be?

• Like 1

If you really want a rating: 3/10 maybe? And the 3 comes only from the hardware. I won't be too harsh, but for me there is nothing really special. You neither have really rare stuff, nor is the condition really great.

If you have fun with that stuff its most important, but from a collector point of view I am not amazed by what I see there.

Not a bad start. You have around 41/125 of the original library and some decent games in there. Melody Blaster is fairly rare. Your Synthesizer is the brown European one, which is harder to find in the States.

It's tough to 'rate' a collection. Some of the folks here have insane collections that make everything else pale by comparison. Everyone's collection is unique and only as good as the enjoyment it brings you.

I'd recommend defining some collecting goals based on what's important to you. Do you want all 125 games or only ones you like to play? How important to you are things like completeness, uniformity, condition, rarity, and value? However you decide to proceed, give yourself a reasonable budget and don't try to collect everything all at once. Make yourself a wish list and start chipping away at it. Remember, it's about the journey not the destination. Have fun and don't forget to actually play your games ;-)

• Like 5

Not a bad start. You have around 41/125 of the original library and some decent games in there. Melody Blaster is fairly rare. Your Synthesizer is the brown European one, which is harder to find in the States.

It's tough to 'rate' a collection. Some of the folks here have insane collections that make everything else pale by comparison. Everyone's collection is unique and only as good as the enjoyment it brings you.

I'd recommend defining some collecting goals based on what's important to you. Do you want all 125 games or only ones you like to play? How important to you are things like completeness, uniformity, condition, rarity, and value? However you decide to proceed, give yourself a reasonable budget and don't try to collect everything all at once. Make yourself a wish list and start chipping away at it. Remember, it's about the journey not the destination. Have fun and don't forget to actually play your games ;-)

??????

Well said Jason !!!! Perfect advise for all of us here as well. Especially that last Sentence.

Cheers Brother

• Like 2

That is a good start for your collection. As Jason said, take your time.

I have one tip, If you want to collect all 125 in Boxes, stop getting them in cart only immediately. You will be disappointed when you have to buy it again in a box. If you do not need boxes, then you are well on your way.

Also, you can find commons on my website very cheap. See Signature.

• Like 1

I think a good collection has all the games you like to play. It's good to have the gatefold boxes complete with instructions and overlays. But the 1983 Mattel boxes and the INTV/coleco/atarisoft boxes are useless. The Imagic and Parker Brothers boxes are okay. Condition is always important.

I'm more about completion of the entire collection. So all 125 games CIB, but not necessarily in perfect condition. As for games I'd say burger time and bomb squad are my favorites, with frog bog being oddly entertaining from time to time...

Edited by Rednecklawrence
  • Like 3

I'm more about completion of the entire collection. So all 125 games CIB, but not necessarily in perfect condition. As for games I'd say burger time and bomb squad are my favorites, with frog bog being oddly entertaining from time to time...

The intellivision is a fun system to collect for and there are a ton of great people on this board that can help. 125 CIB is fairly tough to achieve. All are reasonably easy to find but at least 1 is super pricey. There's also the variations that many people get sucked into. That's where things get interesting. Good luck! I completed the 125 a while ago but will never finish the CIB because of that lousy Spiker.

I think a good collection has all the games you like to play. It's good to have the gatefold boxes complete with instructions and overlays. But the 1983 Mattel boxes and the INTV/coleco/atarisoft boxes are useless. The Imagic and Parker Brothers boxes are okay. Condition is always important.

You say that those boxes are useless. Is that just in terms of the condition they're in?

You say that those boxes are useless. Is that just in terms of the condition they're in?

Useless? To me, no. But to store a manual and overlays in them sucks. The gate folds are the best to store that kinds of stuff in as they do not fall out. The Imagic, I store upside down to keep stuff from falling out. Parker Brothers are the next best as long as they are the sturdy box with a top and bottom and not the ones that open from the top along with the Atarisoft titles.

The first 105 aren't too hard to find or too expensive, but the climb gets increasingly harder towards the summit. I'm still missing 2, though I have one of them loose.

The intellivision is a fun system to collect for and there are a ton of great people on this board that can help. 125 CIB is fairly tough to achieve. All are reasonably easy to find but at least 1 is super pricey. There's also the variations that many people get sucked into. That's where things get interesting. Good luck! I completed the 125 a while ago but will never finish the CIB because of that lousy Spiker.

At least many titles became much cheaper. Earlier Stadium Mud Buggies went for 300-400$ in auctions. I saw one in a very nice condition for a while on Ebay for 300, or was it 250? And no one even bothered.

But the problem isnt really about the money, its about the rarity. I can't remember the last Learning Fun II (my last missing game) on Ebay.

Edit: By the way: I recommend the Flash Cart from LTO to play games. If you use the games out of the boxes it doesnt matter how carefully you open and close them, there will be increasing damage. Flash Cart actively protects the condition of your game and adds comfort, since you dont need to pull all the carts out of the boxes and back into them.

Edited by Ignorama