IGNORED

IntyOS in 2017?

First Spear

The download from Arnauld's site at http://intyos.free.fr/index.php?page=demohas v0.2, but v0.3 might be out there, is the latest version floating out there somwhere I can try?

Slightly OT, has anyone used Bliss to run an Intellivision ROM "in a browser" in the last n-years?

It's been a while since this topic was rewarmed, so you're welcome. :)

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

it's quite long time out there and one of the few downloadable rom images by arnauld

to use the bliss java applet you need to activate the java-applet-plugin, usually i guess it's deactivated because of security leaks(?)

select "ask for permission" and when the applet is needed the browser will ask you if you like to use it once or activate it permanently.

but the bliss browser applet is extremely slow and i guess it's not useful (needs nearly a second to respond to a input).

the mame* browser implementation is better, it runs slow and the sound is shitty but at least it recognizes inputs immediatly.

it's possible to play a game while only a couple of Joe's Demos & Games are available to play.

(tetris & a strange 1pl version of pong in which you move both paddles, probably made especially for the mame applet because it's so slow and the AI player won't have a chance)

what i ask myself is rightnow if archive.org would mind if i upload a few more PD roms or the available IntyBASIC games/demos

(which isn't as easy as i thought)