game image questions...hope that's not inappropriate

Atari ST Oxyd Stardust ST images

6 replies to this topic

#1 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• 907 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 PM

I know that most ST software still falls under copyright restrictions, but it makes it hard that one can't simply go down to the local Best Buy and purchase an ST game title.

In the case of these two though, I have posted a WANTED ad in the marketplace, so my questions may be moot (if someone responds and sells me originals)

First, are there any image copies of Oxyd that run on real Iron?? I would really like to get that game again (my Bolo is getting lonely), but I've tried every one I can find seems to suffer from gameplay disabling protection. I'm looking for the original Oxyd, not any of the sequels (I'm sure they're good, but I need a hit of nostalgia, not something new)

Second, is it possible to create floppies of disc 2 & 3 of Stardust. I have an HD copy, but I haven't purchase a hard drive yet (soon though, using discs sucks!) and the disc layouts of discs 2 & 3 confuse the hell out of FloImg.

Anyway, if such topics are taboo because of DCMA legislation, moderators can feel free to delete this post, but hopefully someone will PM me in the interim to either offer me original for sale or assist in getting existing images to work.

Thanks.

Edited by PeBo, Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:06 PM.

#2 Justin Payne OFFLINE  

Justin Payne

Dragonstomper

• 754 posts
  • Busy updating XEGS Podcast website to Angular2

Posted Wed Nov 1, 2017 9:51 AM

I think at this point in time, I wouldn't worry too much about DCMA unless someone is still selling the software new. If someone is selling off new stock, the advantage of that is you get the physical thing. We're not taking the food out of the producers mouth like you would be if you were pirating back in the day.

#3 tjlazer OFFLINE  

tjlazer

Stargunner

• 1,813 posts
  • Retro Atari Addict

Posted Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:47 PM

https://www.myabando...yd-1ha#download

#4 ParanoidLittleMan OFFLINE  

ParanoidLittleMan

Dragonstomper

• 999 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 11:32 AM

There is plenty of sites with thousands of floppy images for diverse retro computers. Unlike some 10 years ago now nobody shuts down them.

This has practically all what is in Atari ST Tosec:

http://thegamearchiv...0_4_25_0_15_0_0

#5 Bikerbob OFFLINE  

Bikerbob

Dragonstomper

• 605 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:31 PM

looks like a heck of an archive. (book marked!)

James

#6 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 907 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Thank you Sir....

Feel like an idiot though...I had actually been to that site in my search, but didnèt scroll down far enought to see the st version

#7 PeBo OFFLINE  

PeBo

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 907 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:39 PM

There is plenty of sites with thousands of floppy images for diverse retro computers. Unlike some 10 years ago now nobody shuts down them.

This has practically all what is in Atari ST Tosec:

http://thegamearchiv...0_4_25_0_15_0_0

EXCELLENT SMITHERS!!!!

Got that one bookmarked!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari ST, Oxyd, Stardust, ST images

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users