my start with RB+ - barbarian project- need help

108 replies to this topic

#101 sh3-rg OFFLINE  

sh3-rg

River Patroller

• 3,275 posts
  • doge + tie = dothemath

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 AM

and to add to the above, if you're hearing the audio replay slower than it should, the division might be off by 1. So it'll be converting to the correct frequency, but as your replay freq. is off, it'll jump to the next one. I think you should try adding 1 to, or subtracting 1 from, the replay when it sounds slow. It's been some time though so I'm only half remembering.

• F.L likes this

#102 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,285 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:36 AM

i have a question again : how to stop the sfx ? in the tutorial post, it mention len=0, so i must do this :

SNDZEROPLAY(1, strptr(sfx_tete), (strptr(sfx_tete_end)-strptr(sfx_tete)+3) and 0x0, 46168/10233, Zero_Audio_8bit_muLaw|0)

?

It really shouldn't matter what parameters you pass except channel number and 0 size. So I expect this should work:

SNDZEROPLAY(1, 0, 0, 0, 0)

• F.L likes this

#103 F.L OFFLINE  

F.L

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 AM

thanks to all for your help

now all sfx and the intro and gameover musics are in the game

some little settings and the Amstrad cpc version will be will be finished ! :thumbsup:

after, i will try to add in the same rom the C64 version

it could be nice to switch beetwen the two versions with one button !

for the music theme, i have a question:

it is possible to do it in .ul format with an external software ?

rb+ limits the source at 2 megas. if i could already have it in.ul, i could integrate it with in the game ;)

Attached Files

Edited by F.L, Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 PM.

#104 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,285 posts

Posted Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:42 PM

for the music theme, i have a question:
it is possible to do it in .ul format with an external software ?

As far as I know you can use any program that can save μLaw (it might be written as uLaw - it's the same thing). Then you should import the file without any specific conversion in assets.txt. So something like

ABS,my_external_music,raw_binary_import,filename.ext
should do the trick (raw_binary_import could be anything except the registered keywords like sfx_rawxxx etc).

May I ask why you need this in the first place? The reason this was added during build is to just feed the build system wav files (or whatever) and automatically get the proper format.

rb+ limits the source at 2 megas. if i could already have it in.ul, i could integrate it with in the game ;)

Here's a secret - you ran out of RAM, but not out of ROM :). Looking at your latest rom file, the actual size of your game in rom is about 330kb. So there is still about 3.6mb free - you can put your .ul in rom space while importing and play the sound directly from there.

I have written a few words in this tutorial but generally it's more or less changing the import type from ABS to [b]ROM[/u] in assets.txt in the music file. So the above line would be:

ROM,my_external_music,raw_binary_import,filename.ext
...and it should work, with just one tiny caveat! The syntax to zeroplay changes ever so slightly. From

SNDZEROPLAY(channel, strptr(sfx_tete), (strptr(sfx_tete_end)-strptr(sfx_tete)+3) and 0xfffffffc, 46168/10233, Zero_Audio_8bit_muLaw|0)
to

SNDZEROPLAY(channel, (void *)(sfx_tete), (sfx_tete_end-sfx_tete)+3) and 0xfffffffc, 46168/10233, Zero_Audio_8bit_muLaw|0)
Hope this clears things up a bit

#105 F.L OFFLINE  

F.L

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Today, 12:33 PM

oh yeah it works and it works very fine  !!!!

giphy.gif

thanks ggn !

i just had an error with your example , there was a wrong ")"  but now it works :thumbsup:

SNDZEROPLAY(channel, (void *)(sfx_tete), (sfx_tete_end-sfx_tete)+3) and 0xfffffffc, 46168/10233, Zero_Audio_8bit_muLaw|0)

SNDZEROPLAY(1, (void *)(sfx_theme), (sfx_theme_end-sfx_theme)+3 and 0xfffffffc, 46168/11542, Zero_Audio_8bit_muLaw|Zero_Audio_Looping)

now, this atari jaguar rom of barbarian is the most faithful version of the game i have ever done on a console !

some little settings to do again and it's finished !

the final rom maybe tomorrow

the big work is over but after, i will begin the 6 other versions of the game (c64, atari, amiga, pc, appleII,Spectrum) there is some coding to do ;)

see ya

Attached Files

#106 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 6,870 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Today, 12:42 PM

I will try out later tonight!

• F.L likes this

#107 F.L OFFLINE  

F.L

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Today, 2:13 PM

I have forgetten to mention that the rom works good with "project tempest" emulator (available in the zip)
With virtual jaguar the tempo of the music and the game can be wrong...
If someone can test on the real hardware, it will be nice
Thanks in advance !

Edited by F.L, Today, 2:14 PM.

#108 ggn OFFLINE  

ggn

Stargunner

• 1,285 posts

Posted Today, 3:21 PM

From start to finish in 2 months and some days - I think that's a pretty good result :)

#109 F.L OFFLINE  

F.L

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 80 posts

Posted Today, 4:14 PM

Thanks !
Yes it was quick, and with only 1hour per day avalaible for coding
But i was helped by the powerful of jaguar and rb+ !

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users