IGNORED

Vectrex replacement monitor/ tube?

Leonardo Biagi

Hello from Brazil guys!!! I'm writing on behalf of a collector friend that doesn't speak English and has two broken vectrex... he said the problem is the monitor/ tube and he needs replacements... I'm not a hardware guy, so I don't understand this stuff, but is there such a thing as a replacement monitor? I asked for specifics and he said that he needs parts that are located at the "tip of the tube" he couldn't send me pics because the systems are already at the repairs office, but if you need more specific info, ask me and I send him and try to bring back note detailed info. Thanks again for the attention and sorry for the confusing post/ request.

A few years ago, there was a source of 240RB4 tubes. With the proper tube, replacement is fairly simple. I have seen it asserted that many B&W 9" CRTs can be used as replacements for the tube in the Vectrex, but other than the 240RB4 I have had no success with other tubes.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a current source for 240RB4 tubes. Sorry -- good luck!

A few years ago, there was a source of 240RB4 tubes. With the proper tube, replacement is fairly simple. I have seen it asserted that many B&W 9" CRTs can be used as replacements for the tube in the Vectrex, but other than the 240RB4 I have had no success with other tubes.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a current source for 240RB4 tubes. Sorry -- good luck!

I was afraid of that, thanks anyway, any information, even a pessimist one is good information

I think the Vectrex crt was a Samsung, but I can't remember the model number.. And years ago, I discovered a site that still sold those same NOS Samsung monitors, but I can't remember where that was either. I'll see if I can dig it up. As for the circuit board (HV - flyback?) that goes on the back of the tube, I doubt you'll find that, other than from a broken 'parts' machine.

I can't recall from where, but just earlier this year on the Vectrex FB group, someone had found a supplier for some Samsung 9" monitors and was able to make them work. It did require modifications to the Vectrex as the tubes weren't exactly the same type, but the pins etc all matched up I believe. The tubes were fairly cheap too as I recall, but didn't pay much attention to it.

• Like 1

That might be the one, it kind of looks familiar but I can't be 100% sure, it's been a few years now. I dug through the site a little bit, I wonder if this might be it? http://www.cathoderaytubes.com/html/samller_than_10_.html