IGNORED

A RPi Retro Gaming Request from a busy, some would say lazy user.

Omega-TI

Okay here's the deal...

I recently bought a Raspberry Pie 3 B. It's kind of cool, and I'd kinda like to play a game now and then when I have a spare couple of minutes... BUT this is the super busy time of year at work and I simply don't have the time to devote to investigating different retro platforms for the Pi, let alone taking the time to figure out how to install them.

So I'm asking a favor here...

Could someone please ZIP up the already set up and running configuration (that they are using) on the SD card you use for retro gaming, then post it here? Installing that should only take a couple of minutes and keep me going until January when I'll have the time to sit down and learn this thing.

Thank you.

Thanks. The third one from the top looked interesting, but I don't know what a torrent is or even how to download one. I've never been much of a pirate. I guess that's why I like retro-stuff, because for the most part it's no longer marketed and in many cases their copyrights are no longer maintained or enforced, like the TI-99/4A.

Outta time for now...

Thanks. The third one from the top looked interesting, but I don't know what a torrent is or even how to download one. I've never been much of a pirate. I guess that's why I like retro-stuff, because for the most part it's no longer marketed and in many cases their copyrights are no longer maintained or enforced, like the TI-99/4A.

Outta time for now...

Not judging, just saying it's still piracy.

And the rules for posting such materials can be found here.

http://atariage.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Are you looking for consoles (which ones), arcade games, or both?

I would think Retropie is the way to go. Its based on a stripped down Raspbian operating system. Is there a better platform for the Raspberry Pi.

The image Retropie offers is already bundled with emulators, just add rom files.

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/First-Installation/

-------------

Helping busy people is good, but I'm not in favour of helping lazy people.

• Like 1

Yeah, it looks like I'll have to put everything on hold for a couple of months. I really don't have the time to go hunting down ROM files, individual emulators, and all that stuff right now. My hope was to just have something I could play when I get a few moments to blow off some steam and then get back to life. When the time comes, I have a new 64GB micro SD ready to go.

Thanks anyway. :)