Update: (11/8/17) - I decided to stick with the gold plated F-connector, coax- male to RCA Female and my Atari 2600 works great with a clear picture, with no lines or interference. I didn't need the RF interference Filter. RF cable from the Atari 2600 to the TV works great and so does the power plug.

I’m a new member and have a few questions about the better connection (without soldering) for the Atari 2600 (original model with wood grain) model CX-2600 from 1978. I have a 2012 Samsung HD TV w/ 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio. Which is the better connection (picture, sound etc) the RF interference Filter (w/ gold plated F-connector, coax- male to RCA Female) or the Commodore 64 & 128 RF cable high performance shielded/grounded? Can this even go with the Atari 2600? The thickness of the RF cable/cord might be too large for the inside of the Atari 2600 (where the original RF cable/cord goes in) or it might not go with the system at all. Is there any grounded shielded cable/cord that I can use for the Atari 2600, better than the RF Interference Filter?

I could just use the gold plated F-connector (coax) male to RCA Female and hook it via coaxial. I have read conflicting stories that the RF interference filter makes things better and sometimes there’s no difference. I also have a good working RF cable/cord.

I’m new to all this, so my apologies if I’ve worded something incorrectly. Thank you.

PS photos enclosed for better explanation.

post-62450-0-26335500-1509731559.png

post-62450-0-28299400-1509731573.png

Edited by AtariMI1978