IGNORED

AtariBOX question

RetroGrafx

Does any know if the upcoming release of the ataribox will have SD card combatability? what atari consoles might it emulate?

my hope is it will cover every Atari system ever created as well as every game released for its systems.

Right now this is all vaporware. Nothing official has been announced. They don't even know what they want to do.

• Like 1

Does any know if the upcoming release of the ataribox will have SD card combatability? what atari consoles might it emulate?

my hope is it will cover every Atari system ever created as well as every game released for its systems.

Supposedly it will be open, meaning you can run emulators for nearly any Atari system

• Like 1

You can "hope" all you want, but the computer you used to type this question is probably a better game machine than whatever they release.

• Like 3

Altirra supposedly runs under Wine though.

The atari800 emulator that works natively with Linux is a great emulator too, does everything I need it to.

In thinking about this I don't know how keen I am using Altirra through WINE, or even experimenting around with it like so. I'm not even sure I'd want to sideload a designed-for-PC emulator on ataribox anyways. I mean it's cool to think about such things. Having ataribox play all things Atari.. but another thing to put it into practice. There's gonnahaftabee a lot of limitations present from the getgo. You still need a keyboard and mouse and game controller, and even an external USB hub if ataribox doesn't have enough free USB ports. Possibly yet another port for a USB HDD or SDcard adapter too.

Edited by Keatah

• 2 weeks later...