IGNORED

Requiring an NES Reset Button?

I am working on a project to build an NES arcade cabinet. I will be using an Everdrive. Currently the cabinet is wired so that simply flipping the cabinet power switch turns on the monitor and NES. I would like the be able to "RESET" back to my Everdrive main menu without having to open the coin door.

I assume it would be easy to wire a momentary push button switch to my control panel.

Any advice?

post-60056-0-22293100-1510113467_thumb.jpg

Your not actually accepting coins with it are you? Can you repurpose one of the coin return buttons to reset the NES?

That way you won't have to add any more switches to the cabinet.

EDIT:

Yes it should be easy to wire up, just wire it up in parallel with the existing switch. I'm assuming the Reset switch on the NES and the Coin return switch are both NO momentary but you may want to check.

Edited by SignGuy81

Your not actually accepting coins with it are you? Can you repurpose one of the coin return buttons to reset the NES?

That way you won't have to add any more switches to the cabinet.

EDIT:

Yes it should be easy to wire up, just wire it up in parallel with the existing switch. I'm assuming the Reset switch on the NES and the Coin return switch are both NO momentary but you may want to check.

Sign Guy, you have been particularly helpful with this project. Thank you VERY much.

That's a great idea. I am currently not planning to use the coin mechs. Using the coin return might be a perfect solution here. Thank you.

I just thought of another use for the other one then.

If you would like to have 2 NES advantages mounted, plus the gun but don't want to fool with unplugging and replugging them up you can use the other switch to control that, from switching controller input 2 from the 2nd nes advantage or the light gun. I'm going to bed now but I can help figure out a circuit to help with that later maybe involving some relays. Since Coin return is momentary I would have it default to nes advantage for player two but when you want to use zapper you could press button when will swap the contacts of the needed pins over for the zapper and latch but now I just got to thinking that they may not be hot swappable so may not be able to work like that but I'll look into more if that sounds like that would be cool to do we could probably figure out a different solution.

Edited by SignGuy81

Thanks!

I need to play around with it a bit. Being that it is a Pole Position cabinet, the control panel is at a very steep angle. I am not sure that the NES Advantage controller is going to be a great choice.

I may just Velcro mount two OEM Nes controllers to the control panel. That way he user will just puck up the controller and play. The OEM controllers are my preferred method for playing nes. I need to think more about it.

Honestly swapping the controller inputs is not all that big of a deal. I have the nes mounted right inside of the coin door to make this easier.

I just thought of another use for the other one then.

If you would like to have 2 NES advantages mounted, plus the gun but don't want to fool with unplugging and replugging them up you can use the other switch to control that, from switching controller input 2 from the 2nd nes advantage or the light gun. I'm going to bed now but I can help figure out a circuit to help with that later maybe involving some relays. Since Coin return is momentary I would have it default to nes advantage for player two but when you want to use zapper you could press button when will swap the contacts of the needed pins over for the zapper and latch but now I just got to thinking that they may not be hot swappable so may not be able to work like that but I'll look into more if that sounds like that would be cool to do we could probably figure out a different solution.