Photo

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

768 replies to this topic

#751 Saturn OFFLINE  

Saturn

River Patroller

• 3,569 posts
  • Pillar of the Jaguar Community

Posted Yesterday, 8:32 AM

Also, contrary to popular belief, my collection doesn't sit on a shelf. I play the hell out of the games and create DOOM Addon ROM packs, which never ends.

I just finished my latest 12 map rom last night and will be using these exclusively to test levels on real hardware starting tonight. :thumbsup:

#752 -^CrožBow^- ONLINE  

-^CrožBow^-

Quadrunner

• 6,496 posts
  • Collector of Fine Atari and Sega Antiquities!

Posted Yesterday, 9:05 AM

I also received my controllers in the mail yesterday! Very quick shipping so thank you!

I had never really held a Pro controller in my hands before so I wasn't preparred for how different they feel in the hand as opposed to the stock controllers. They are thinner. I've not actually plugged one in to play anything on it yet, but I did notice that the keypad buttons seem to stick in a bit when pressing down on them? Like they don't always pop right back up? Is is actually creating a vacuum against the PCB when pressed down sometimes? Were the rubber pads made with indentions along the sides to prevent that? I'm only asking since I don't want to crack these open. But that has been the only downside I've noticed upon initial inspection.

#753 _The Doctor__ ONLINE  

_The Doctor__

Quadrunner

• 5,645 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:52 AM

perhaps tiny holes might be needed to let air back in or air channels routed / cut... due to difficulty with order system I went from one of the first to like 200 something in the list. who has the highest order number? It is also possible you have a one off where the plastic wasn't fully cleared out or polished and there is a slight rub?

I am betting mine will arrive perfectly. like others have received.

Edited by _The Doctor__, Yesterday, 10:00 AM.

#754 Goochman OFFLINE  

Goochman

Quadrunner

• 6,954 posts
  • Moongates to the Past

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Mine just arrived - I wont be able to test until after the Holiday but upon first inspection they feel nice.  The shoulder buttons click is an improvement IMHO.  D-Pad feels tighter and the keypad to me is more responsive.  The fire buttons feel the same which is not a problem.

Only 2 things could make these better - add a spinner and thumb stick :D

Great job on these!

#755 Machine OFFLINE  

Machine

Dragonstomper

• 515 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:57 AM

We spent 2 1/2 hours last night playing LOOPZ.(2 player, great game).  Very nice controllers and feel really sharp and crisp.

I am glad I got a second set, these are a big hit!

#756 madman ONLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 AM

I was skeptical of these after backing a N64 controller project and receiving what IMO is a cheaply made POS, but the OP did a real nice job on these. I am impressed. I don't have a fancy review, but I would say if you are thinking of getting these, just do it. Otherwise in a year you'll be saying, "why didn't I buy those when I had the chance?" Treat yoself.

#757 swapd0 OFFLINE  

swapd0

Moonsweeper

• 279 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 PM

Edited by swapd0, Yesterday, 12:03 PM.

#758 Andrew Rosa OFFLINE  

Andrew Rosa

Combat Commando

• 5 posts
  • Who Dares Wins

Posted Yesterday, 6:34 PM

Thanks for the share, swapd0. I appreciate it.

Yeah, these controllers are fantastic. I'm really enjoying them so far. In my opinion, $130 well spent. 

#759 remowilliams OFFLINE  

remowilliams

Quadrunner

• 10,581 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:16 PM

I've received the two that I ordered and they are great in every way except one rather important one.  The dpads are...  terrible.

On both units the dpad is unpleasantly stiff and offers little feedback - in fact at least one direction on each pad offers zero feedback at all.

I've compared them to my own pro controllers and jagpads and and even a brand new standard jagpad and I can honestly say that I'd never use these new pro controllers compared to every single controller I have because of the dpad.  I'm rather disappointed.   : /

#760 WAVE 1 GAMES OFFLINE  

WAVE 1 GAMES

Stargunner

• 1,050 posts

Posted Yesterday, 7:30 PM

I've received the two that I ordered and they are great in every way except one rather important one.  The dpads are...  terrible.

On both units the dpad is unpleasantly stiff and offers little feedback - in fact at least one direction on each pad offers zero feedback at all.

I've compared them to my own pro controllers and jagpads and and even a brand new standard jagpad and I can honestly say that I'd never use these new pro controllers compared to every single controller I have because of the dpad.  I'm rather disappointed.   : /

That's interesting because I played quite a few games with them and the DPAD on mine are the best of any Jag controller I have ever used. They're not stiff at all but firm and responsive. Did you actually try playing with them or was this just an opinion you got by your initial unboxing? I'm puzzled by this. Granted I have never owned an official Pro pad but I have had many standard Jag pads as well as that God forsaken boomerang and this one is by far the BEST. Not only was the DPAD more responsive and firm (not stiff) but all of the other buttons are more responsive too. The only things that grabbed my attention were the loud clicking of the L and R triggers and the back part that rests against your hand sticks out more and has more of a square curvature. But I like the clicking L and R triggers because they feel great and I asumed the back part sticking out was just a replica of the official pro design so didnt matter

#761 flux OFFLINE  

flux

Space Invader

• 44 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:00 PM

I played around with one of mine for a bit and the only issue I noticed is that the XYZ buttons seem to require you to press them a little hard. If you have a light touch, you can press them so the button goes to a seemingly pushed down state, but it doesn't register. You gotta be a bit mindful and make sure to give it just a little something extra. The Y button in particular is worse about that. I've noticed it with Z a bit too though. I haven't tried my other new controllers and I never used an original Pro so I can't say how it compares or if that issue with this one is a fluke. I much prefer this to the original 3 button pad though. Everything feels nice. The buttons feel nicer. Never really cared for the squishy feel of the ABC buttons on the original. And the L and R clicks on these are so satisfying. Really grateful Starwander did this.

#762 Gummy Bear ONLINE  

Gummy Bear

Dragonstomper

• 639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:00 PM

Maybe they will loosen up with use.

#763 Bratwurst OFFLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,195 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:31 PM

Sounds like poor conductivity in the button membranes, if anything is to blame within the scope of quality control.

I was scheduled to get my order (#59) on the 19th, but it was apparently delayed. Maybe tomorrow, I'll post my impressions then.

#764 Starwander OFFLINE  

Starwander

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 PM

If you haven't tried them with a game yet please try to them. If still not happy with them please message me and I will send you a return label. 

#765 Starwander OFFLINE  

Starwander

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:04 PM

Filled orders up to number 1215

#766 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 12,794 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:21 PM

Here's the obligatory "I only want one, and if you only want one, sell me your spare" post.

#767 madman ONLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,801 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 PM

Here's the obligatory "I only want one, and if you only want one, sell me your spare" post.

PM tripletopper.

#768 Gummy Bear ONLINE  

Gummy Bear

Dragonstomper

• 639 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:53 PM

Make sure you have plenty of free time if you choose to do that ^

#769 phoenixdownita OFFLINE  

phoenixdownita

River Patroller

• 3,407 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:36 PM

To be fair with Tripletopper I kind of like how he called them Re-Pro .... but that was about it.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users