Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers-Interest Check

155 replies to this topic

#26 Sauron OFFLINE  

Sauron

Quadrunner

• 5,238 posts
  • In the land of Mordor.

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:48 PM

Agree with the above. Getting that amount of demand right off the bat is going to be quite difficult to do. It's better to set this up as something that will be a long-term investment for those who have a few more bucks to put towards something like this. As long as they're quality controllers, there won't be any problem with selling through the whole run once they're produced.

#27 rayik OFFLINE  

rayik

Moonsweeper

• 347 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 9:34 PM

Would buy 2

#28 davidcalgary29 OFFLINE  

davidcalgary29

Quadrunner

• 5,491 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:11 AM

I'm in.

#29 Karyyk OFFLINE  

Karyyk

Dragonstomper

• 556 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:41 AM

E-mail sent. Definitely in for two. I'd gladly buy more if my funds allow it, but I know I can get at least a pair.

Edited by Karyyk, Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:42 AM.

#30 Austin OFFLINE  

Austin

Quadrunner

• 12,003 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:11 AM

Seeing how fast some homebrew releases sell out, I don't see there being trouble meeting the 250 mark if people have to buy two per order. 125 sales in that case? That seems easy to me.

My only concern would be the quality of these reproductions. I have used many third-party controllers over the years and few if any even come close to matching the quality of the original first-party versions. I'm not really interested in them if they don't match the quality of the originals (and it's not like there are that many good games that truly demand having the extra buttons).

#31 oracle_jedi OFFLINE  

oracle_jedi

Moonsweeper

• 392 posts
  • Nothing to Declare

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:28 AM

I'd be interested in a set, especially if you offer a couple of different colour schemes to match Jaguar, Atari STE and/or Falcon.

#32 Swansea_Mariner OFFLINE  

Swansea_Mariner

Chopper Commander

• 213 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 2:35 AM

Yeah I'd buy a pair forsure.

#33 Zerosquare OFFLINE  

Zerosquare

River Patroller

• 2,414 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:32 AM

I don't care about the Jaguar anymore, but if there were an adapter to use this on a PC, I might be interested.

http://www.raphnet.n...sb/index_en.php

#34 Flojomojo ONLINE  

Flojomojo

I say boom boom boom

• 10,502 posts
  • You say bam bam bam

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:28 AM

http://www.raphnet.n...sb/index_en.php

Ok. But controller is not included, and Pro Controller (or replica) is so not included it's not even funny.

#35 MortoffGames OFFLINE  

MortoffGames

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:13 AM

Seeing how fast some homebrew releases sell out, I don't see there being trouble meeting the 250 mark if people have to buy two per order. 125 sales in that case? That seems easy to me.

My only concern would be the quality of these reproductions. I have used many third-party controllers over the years and few if any even come close to matching the quality of the original first-party versions. I'm not really interested in them if they don't match the quality of the originals (and it's not like there are that many good games that truly demand having the extra buttons).

I agree it has to be like the original or not at all

#36 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,422 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:17 AM

Already expressed my interest in an e-mail, but I'm in for a pair. Maybe two pairs.

#37 sandroace OFFLINE  

sandroace

Space Invader

• 21 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:19 PM

Count me in for one.

#38 madman ONLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,495 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:30 PM

Count me in for one.

As the first post states, controllers sold in pairs, minimum of one pair is required.

#39 sandroace OFFLINE  

sandroace

Space Invader

• 21 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:48 PM

As the first post states, minimum is two.

Oh... Well Still down for an order here. ;)

#40 MortoffGames OFFLINE  

MortoffGames

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:13 PM

As the first post states, controllers sold in pairs, minimum of one pair is required.

Thank you :)

#41 atarian63 OFFLINE  

atarian63

River Patroller

• 4,210 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:55 PM

in for 2 of them

#42 Blazing Lazers OFFLINE  

Blazing Lazers

Stargunner

• 1,252 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:05 PM

I'm in for a set of two. Email sent!

#43 AtariDean OFFLINE  

AtariDean

Star Raider

• 86 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 AM

Count me in for 2 aswell, email sent

Edited by AtariDean, Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:40 AM.

#44 skip OFFLINE  

skip

Moonsweeper

• 344 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 AM

Definitely keen for at least two, possibly for four. A couple of queries:

- Have you considered going the crowdfunding (Kickstarter) route? Yes there are pros (ha!) and cons, but transparency and tracking of updates is a definite positive. It doesn't magically guarantee delivery or anything like that for punters, but it can greatly widen the audience and ensure funds are delivered to the creators upon campaign completion date.

- Would it be possible to purchase just the boards? As I've mentioned before on AA, I made an 8 button arcade stick with spinner, keypad, and provision for autofire 20 or so years ago. It was easy enough to do but would be much easier and quicker to do with a replica pro-controller board. If the bare boards themselves were available to purchase, the likelihood of being able to produce quality self-contained arcade sticks in decent quantities for the Jag would be much easier. This is hypothetical of course ;)

Edited by skip, Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 AM.

#45 Bratwurst ONLINE  

Bratwurst

Stargunner

• 1,087 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:42 AM

I'm in for two for sure. At 60 a piece a ton of these will be sold.

#46 MortoffGames OFFLINE  

MortoffGames

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 AM

Definitely keen for at least two, possibly for four. A couple of queries:

- Have you considered going the crowdfunding (Kickstarter) route? Yes there are pros (ha!) and cons, but transparency and tracking of updates is a definite positive. It doesn't magically guarantee delivery or anything like that for punters, but it can greatly widen the audience and ensure funds are delivered to the creators upon campaign completion date.

- Would it be possible to purchase just the boards? As I've mentioned before on AA, I made an 8 button arcade stick with spinner, keypad, and provision for autofire 20 or so years ago. It was easy enough to do but would be much easier and quicker to do with a replica pro-controller board. If the bare boards themselves were available to purchase, the likelihood of being able to produce quality self-contained arcade sticks in decent quantities for the Jag would be much easier. This is hypothetical of course ;)

I thought about Kickstarter; however they take a large percentage of the total investment as a fee for using their service. The other issue there is those that sign up have to pay for the item before it is actually ready to ship. Thank you for you recommendation however. Yes I should be able to have spare parts available for sale if the project moves forward.  

#47 darryl1970 OFFLINE  

darryl1970

Dragonstomper

• 791 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:29 AM

I sent an email to a FB AA post. I hope it gets to you.

I was driving to work (don't judge me), when I saw it. lol

I have an interest in 2.

#48 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,422 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:14 AM

-1 for going any kind of "crowdfunded" route. I'd be out then. Zero interest whatsoever.

Especially don't need annoying e-mail updates every few weeks with sumguy's ramblings of their snail paced mis-micromanaging:

Spoiler

#49 Saturn ONLINE  

Saturn

River Patroller

• 3,449 posts
  • Pillar of the Jaguar Community

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 AM

Damn, that's epic! :lolblue:

#50 MortoffGames OFFLINE  

MortoffGames

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 162 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 AM

-1 for going any kind of "crowdfunded" route. I'd be out then. Zero interest whatsoever.

Especially don't need annoying e-mail updates every few weeks with sumguy's ramblings of their snail paced mis-micromanaging:

Spoiler

Lol, so true. Don't worry no crowdfunding here, just trying to gauge interest. No one pays until they are ready to ship. 

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users