Photo

Cart storage ?

17 replies to this topic

#1 jim1174 OFFLINE  

jim1174

Chopper Commander

• 134 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 3:18 AM

With atari and coleco i can use the universal cases or clear cartridge protectors from retroprotection.com for my lose game carts. these options don't seem to work for intelivision.  Are there any options for intelivision ?  

#2 Ignorama OFFLINE  

Ignorama

River Patroller

• 2,536 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 8:53 AM

In Germany we have something called Karton, I think you call it Carton in the USA ;) honestly, just look for a nice box the put them into it, there isnt really anything that could harm the carts. Imo these loose-cart boxes are a waste of money.

#3 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 256 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:25 AM

To me it depends on if they are for my collection or for storage to be sold/traded later. The ones to be sold/traded I just keep in a regular box with a lid.

For my collection I made some storage boxes out of old plywood.  These are old pics and I now have only room for about 20 more carts. The rare or HTF ones are now in the resealable plastic bags and they still fit in the rows.

Carts Holder 1.JPG

Carts Holder 2.JPG

Carts Holder 3.JPG

Carts Holder 4.JPG

Carts Holder 5.JPG

100_3649.JPG

100_3650.JPG

Edited by Humblejack, Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:10 AM.

#4 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,771 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Some really suspect part of my brain wants to put all the Poker & Blackjack, etc. in the green felt box, all the Sports titles in the blue one, Action in the red... Why? WHY?!

#5 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,321 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:46 AM

Can always just find yourself an old Napa Valley, Laserline or similar cassette tape holder and mount to the wall. Your games are now out of the way and ready for easy pickin'. 

intv.jpg

#6 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 256 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:11 AM

Some really suspect part of my brain wants to put all the Poker & Blackjack, etc. in the green felt box, all the Sports titles in the blue one, Action in the red... Why? WHY?!

I know, I did it that way to start with and it did not seem to look as good, I understand your insanity completely.

I added my spare cartridge box to the post.

#7 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,432 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 10:20 AM

I have a lot of loose variants and duplicates stored in nested printer cartridge boxes. I also have some retro cases. My white label carts are in my Savoy case. Trying to find another one of those. I'll try to upload pics if I get some time tonight.

#8 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,015 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:55 AM

I like that the 2 Spiker carts are variants and alphabetized in different places because of it.  :-)

#9 colormesticky OFFLINE  

colormesticky

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 7:48 PM

I'm a fan of wasting money on storage cases, but then I don't have a ton of loose carts. I bought one protective box on eBay for a loose game, but it was ugly and fit funny. If anybody has a better option for individual cartridges, that'd be awesome.

Attached Thumbnails

• received_10214402502353118.jpeg

#10 crade OFFLINE  

crade

Star Raider

• 89 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:24 PM

I use 

http://clearbags.ca/search/FB92

for carts and

http://clearbags.ca/search/FB44

for boxes

I would say they work really well for standard carts and boxes.  The larger carts don't fit in that size really

https://photos.app.g...5bO7UqDX9vuXpo1

(edit corrected boxes link)

Edited by crade, Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:28 PM.

#11 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,416 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 9:43 PM

I like that the 2 Spiker carts are variants and alphabetized in different places because of it.  :-)

Thats how you know youre a variant champ like Hank is. :)

#12 Humblejack OFFLINE  

Humblejack

Moonsweeper

• 256 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 11:01 PM

Sometimes I get them out of alphabetical order like I did the boxes in the 460 shelf space, so don't read too much into my way of doing things!

#13 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,934 posts

Posted Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:45 PM

As one of the few collectors of mostly loose carts, nothing beats just using standard shelving (bookshelves from Ikea, etc). As you add/remove games/spares, you can easily just slide them around as needed. Old cassette tape storage units are a pain in the ass if you have a 200+ cart collection, and you get a new spare Astrosmash (or what have you). Either that, or you're leaving large gaps in your storage for years, for whenever you find the remaining games.

To each their own, but I've got ~2500 carts for various systems and NOTHING beats the flexibility of just lining them up on their sides, and filling row after row of shallow bookshelves. Especially units that allow you to put a shelf *anywhere* - you can easily double the storage capacity of a unit this way, given how short carts tend to be.

#14 colormesticky OFFLINE  

colormesticky

Space Invader

• 26 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:54 PM

I have a lot of loose variants and duplicates stored in nested printer cartridge boxes. I also have some retro cases. My white label carts are in my Savoy case. Trying to find another one of those. I'll try to upload pics if I get some time tonight.

This?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/332448963087

#15 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:27 PM

This?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/332448963087

what a deal bid is at just over 10 dollars , they want 50 dollars to ship that to Canada.. Im wondering what does it show for shipping within the US..

Better to look for That ? ;) instead of This ? at 50 dollar shipping fee.. :)

#16 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,432 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:08 PM

That's not the one I was talking about, but I do actually have that one.  I use it for my loose Digiplay carts:

Digiplay games (as Of 04-2015)

This is the Savoy case I was talking about:

Savoy Video Game 32

I store white labeled carts in it:

INTV Inc, Loose white label carts

I also found this old instrument case at work.  I think it used to hold a pH meter or possibly a conductivity meter:

Blue Instrument Case 1
It's pretty much open inside, so I just store extra carts:
Blue Instrument Case 2

Speaking of work, I use empty micropipettor tip cases for loose carts too:
Finnpipette Tip Cases

#17 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,432 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:15 PM

what a deal bid is at just over 10 dollars , they want 50 dollars to ship that to Canada.. Im wondering what does it show for shipping within the US..

Better to look for That ? ;) instead of This ? at 50 dollar shipping fee.. :)

They want $16.73 to ship to me (~3400km).  Looks like you're around 4100km.  Crossing that border is pricey!

#18 m-crew OFFLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:23 AM

They want $16.73 to ship to me (~3400km).  Looks like you're around 4100km.  Crossing that border is pricey!

Almost Triple, lol Thanks for sharing the difference.. I was always wondering..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users