IGNORED

Has procrastination ever paid off in your TI hobby?

Omega-TI

8 members have voted

1. 1. Had procrastination ever paid off in your TI hobby?

• NO - I waited and regretted it. (Tell us below)
    • YES - I waited and it paid off. (Tell us below)
    • Dunno - I'm currently waiting (procrastinating) we'll see. (Why?)
    • N/A - No answer / filler / don't care to answer

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The TI community has been changing quite a bit over the past few years...

There are lots of new things to buy and other new items on the horizon.

Have you ever purchased an item, or made a modification to your TI, only to regret it later? If yes, what was it? If no, how has procrastinating paid off for you?

this is a 'yes' and 'no' answer for me'.

In regards to 'old' stuff, I've missed out on several things I wanted because I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase. I didn't do that, though, when I just bought my RS232 card. ;)

I waited on the FG99 partly due to real-life obligations and partly due to finances but I wish I had bought that sooner.

• Like 1

I wanted an AMS card back when they were first released by Asgard, but the company closing it's doors and me lacking the money at the time stopped that.

I'm glad I got one recently though. Aside from paying a lot less money for it, now I can actually use it effectively. Without internet (I didn't get online until late 1996) there would have been no tech pages to consult or forums to post on. Plus with it supported in most emulators (does V9T9 support it?) I know it can be accessed.

• Like 1

ALSO, I was going to by a TIM chip, but I cautiously wrote to the company (OPA) first asking how the payment was to be processed, as the ads were somewhat unclear. This turned out to be a good thing, since shortly after OPA was accused by many in the 99'er community of cashing checks and not delivering product and was officially "not invited" to the Chicago Faire that year.

• Like 1

It would, if I actually procrastinated. Instead, I adopt too early sometimes, for fear of missing out on something. Case in point... all those multi-carts with bad dumps scattered about. So needed to have some new chips programmed, which cost extra of course. Then the larger memory board is released, so bought that to make a single 1-4 Games compilation cart. And then the FR99 comes out. And now the FG99.

Lots of money tied up in this stuff as of late. I *should* have procrastinated in this case. :lol:

Like other guys here, I've done the multiple cartridge route and bought a burner, which now sits idle. I now have cartridges I have no use for taking up valuable space. Waiting would have served me to a point, but I would have missed all the fun along the way.

I was kicking myself for passing up a DDCC-1 a couple of years ago thinking that a newer cheaper version would soon be available, but I was wrong. In retrospect that turned out to be good too, because since the FG99 came out, I find the 80 track modification to my TI controler is 'more than enough'.

At this juncture, I think I'm done expanding my P-Box, as I'm approaching a point in my life where I am going to have to start 'downsizing' anyway. Now I'm placing my hopes on the more compact TIPI which I believe will give me the ability to do anything that my P-Box can do. So in this case, I'm going to call it 'patiently waiting for something better' instead of procrastinating.

Now I'm wondering... will the Rpi portion of the TIPI WITHOUT A FAN making noise still give me the same experience? Maybe I'll add a fan just for the nostalgia. ;)

The one thing I have put off, is the purchase of an F18A. Can't get too excited about modding the case and hooking my TI up to a VGA screen just yet, but know as soon as I finally do purchase and install one, a unit with HDMI combined with audio out, will be announced or released weeks later. So yeah, am perfectly fine procrastinating when it comes to that aspect of the hobby. Hope it pays off! :lol:

The one thing I have put off, is the purchase of an F18A. Can't get too excited about modding the case and hooking my TI up to a VGA screen just yet, but know as soon as I finally do purchase and install one, a unit with HDMI combined with audio out, will be announced or released weeks later. So yeah, am perfectly fine procrastinating when it comes to that aspect of the hobby. Hope it pays off! :lol:

Did you get on the waiting list? He won't make more until he reaches a certain number.

When it comes to the F18A, the old saying applies, "If you've never tried it, you don't know what you're missing". So that validates the old saying, "Ignorance is bliss." Once I tried the F18A I knew I could never go back. Also, if the F18A did not exist, I doubt I would have stayed with the TI. When the time comes that you actually get one, trust me, you say to yourself, "Why did I wait so long!"