Photo

Concerning the Fest West 2017 CD

6 replies to this topic

Poll: Fest West CD (8 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you rate the Fest West 2017 CD on a sale of 1 - 5?

1. 5) It was great, I really enjoy/enjoyed it! (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. 4) It was okay, but it's not something I really used all that much. (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

3. 3) It was nothing to write home about. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. 2) It was not that great. (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 1) It sucked and was a waste of time to make. (0 votes [0.00%])

Would you care to see another CD for 2018?

1. Yes (8 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

3. N/A (0 votes [0.00%])

If you answered YES to question #2

1. Click here if you would be willing to submit something for the CD (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Click here if you would not submit anything for the CD (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. N/A (2 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,620 posts

Posted Thu Nov 9, 2017 1:43 PM

While I'm not putting on Fest West 2018 this year, I kind of enjoyed making the CD that got distributed at the meeting last year.  So I'd like to determine if it's worth making another one this year.

So, for those of you who attended Fest West 2017 and received CD in your welcome packet (or obtained a CD by other methods), how would you rate it?  This of course factors in things like usefulness or enjoyment factor.

Would you care to see one for the 2018 event?  Any ideas for cool things to include?

#2 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,971 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 AM

Yes, another CD - Love those. I haven't produced much of anything but if I do, yes, include it. :)

I think all the new cool stuff over the last year like the optical illusions, games.dsk and new programs/games (BIN etc..) should all be included. Like a yearly wrap up of the previous year's activity on AA. 

#3 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:28 AM

Yes, another CD - Love those. I haven't produced much of anything but if I do, yes, include it. :)

I think all the new cool stuff over the last year like the optical illusions, games.dsk and new programs/games (BIN etc..) should all be included. Like a yearly wrap up of the previous year's activity on AA. 

I agree good idea, but I'm not going to just grab stuff and stick it on a CD without permission.  I also don't have the time to hunt down everything.  With that in mind, I WILL accept submissions via a PM or with a link to download a major sized contribution, like Vorticon's massive GameBase inclusion on last year's CD.

#4 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,260 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:53 AM

I can't vote. I don't have an answer for question #1... I've never looked at what was on it... The computers I use regularly don't have CD readers anymore. And I'm more inclined to get things off the internet from the source. I did make an ISO backup, and archived that.

I'm not trying to be discouraging. Rather, just want to provide a view into another possible experience. I'm personally anti-curious that way. If I don't know what is on a disk, I'm not going to spend time to boot the computer that reads those things, and dig around on it.

So, I'd recommend making some noise about what is actually on it.

-M@

#5 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• Topic Starter
  • 10,620 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Yeah, it's beginning to look like it would be a waste of time and money.

#6 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,971 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:52 PM

Well there's an idea, instead of making and burning and distributing CDs, just make one iso and upload to WHTech. Saves time and money. An accompanying text file with contents listed is all. 

#7 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 537 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:12 PM

I like the annual yearbook style summary idea of from Sinphaltimus. It'd provide a nice archive of annual activity for anyone looking back in the future as well. Of course, the CD is cool yet the Jedi is correct about ISO archives being better for current day ops.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users