IGNORED

POKEY Copies of Bentley Bear and Super Circus AtariAge Available!

Albert

I've made a limited number of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest and Super Circus AtariAge available in the AtariAge Store. By "limited number" I mean 20 copies each. Once these are gone, it's unlikely I'll be able to offer more in any significant quantity until a viable solution to the POKEY is available, or a warehouse full of them is found somewhere in Venezuela. I'll still make available the "send us a POKEY/Ballblazer" version in the store, though.

These copies will not ship until the end of the month, in case you are in a rush to play them. :)

I'll have a few copies of each game available at the upcoming Free Play Florida show next weekend in Orlando, Florida.

..Al

• Like 4

Couldn't help myself, and ordered each. With the new controller adapters (finally DECENT 7800 control),a POKEY in the cart, and an S-video mod, the 7800 is really an impressive machine that I completely missed out on, "back in the day." What's more, while some of the newer stuff "doesn't feel really 'Atari'," the 7800 really has the same "Atari Allure" that the 2600 and 400/800/XL/XE give me.

This is really great. I'm certainly new to the "homebrew" scene, but I think that the 7800 is perhaps the best platform for homebrew, because the potential of the machine (all those sprites and colors, man!) seems formidable for the time period, and as such that the game library was so small, went largely untapped. Three cheers for Bob DeCrescenzo for taking the opportunity, and three more for Albert, for offering this stuff in the AtariAge store which is as easy as ordering from Amazon.com.

One question, however: Can there possibly be a small run of Beef Drop with the POKEY, as well? That would be swell!

One question, however: Can there possibly be a small run of Beef Drop with the POKEY, as well? That would be swell!

I asked Al about that a little while ago and got the impression he'd rather save the limited amount of Pokey's he has for the latest brews. Said if you send him a Ballblazer cart or a Pokey chip though, he'd be happy to accommodate.

I too would love a Pokified Beef Drop AND Pac-Man Collection, just been waiting to land a couple of Pokey's! :love:

Said if you send him a Ballblazer cart or a Pokey chip though, he'd be happy to accommodate.

Oh wow I did not know this.. I am so going to take him up on that offer when I can find another Ballblazer cart! I have the regular version but I am really, really liking the Pokey games people are building here...

Oh wow I did not know this.. I am so going to take him up on that offer when I can find another Ballblazer cart! I have the regular version but I am really, really liking the Pokey games people are building here...

Here is a handy link, for other people who may not know about the option. :)

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1103

Bah! I missed the pokey version again! I had the thing in the cart too on Saturday... thought it went through but my card tied to paypal was old. So close yet so far.

I preordered some games the other night but the store could not process my credit card. I used paypal tied to my bank account and it went through. Albert may need to look into the credit card gateway to be sure.

I preordered some games the other night but the store could not process my credit card. I used paypal tied to my bank account and it went through. Albert may need to look into the credit card gateway to be sure.

I did double check my paypal and my credit card was old. I also didn't have my bank account tied to it. Guess Ill be waiting for a Hokey or a cheap ballblazer cart. I got everything sorted but I was too late.

Wonder if Albert would sell the pokeyless version as a DIY kit. I enjoy soldering, its my fully leaded escape. I just bought a new de-soldering iron, always ichin' to use it.

Well, the boards all have a socket for the POKEY, so if for some reason the game dies, the POKEY can just be lifted out. I don't see why he wouldn't sell you a "kit", as long as you buy the box & manual with it. AFAIK, the boxed copies sell first. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...