IGNORED

Name that capacitor

Mr Robot

Could someone help me find out what value these four capacitors are?

post-44709-0-50346200-1510339975.jpg

I'm trying to install a stereo Pokey and the previous owner of my 800XL (which turned out to be quite the frankentari) has recapped it, using huge tantalum caps that are so big I cannot get the pokey board to seat without a liftoff; if I use a liftoff I can't get the case to close so I need to change the caps.

Thanks!

Or you have a look at Sam's computer facts for the 800XL, see they are in sections I23 and J23, look them up in the table, which shows they are C63 to C66.

Then you check the schematics in the same document, look in the area of POKEY and find they are all .047 caps.

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/Atari_800XL_Sams_Computerfacts_Technical_Service.pdf

Edited by Level42
  • Like 4

Or you have a look at Sam's computer facts for the 800XL, see they are in sections I23 and J23, look them up in the table, which shows they are C63 to C66.

Then you check the schematics in the same document, look in the area of POKEY and find they are all .047 caps.

http://www.atarimania.com/documents/Atari_800XL_Sams_Computerfacts_Technical_Service.pdf

That's exactly what I was after, thanks!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I supposed one could just clip the caps off, leaving the pins to remain on the pcb intact, then move them to another area with wire wrap as needed to make the whole thing fit. I mean this would Frankenstein the board even more so. But at least you could identify the caps with the markings or an LCR meter.
I had to do similar hacks on PC motherboards with the bad batch of electrolytics out there in 2004-2007. It was the devil to order the exact size to replace, so put the cap on a pair of wires going to the spot where they belong. Hot glue them in place and forget it about it.
I was able to restore 5 or so Socket 478, socket 7, and several Nvidia graphics cards (PNY mostly).

• Like 1