Photo

JagZombies

241 replies to this topic

#226 LianneJaguar64 OFFLINE  

LianneJaguar64

Dragonstomper

• 503 posts

Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:20 AM

My friends got nothing on how hard you guys bitch at each other  :-o I still think the project looks promising

#227 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:07 AM

Jeffery,

Have you considered hiring an experienced 2D pixel artist for your team? You could then focus on programming while the artist in question works on the backgrounds, etc.

Just a friendly suggestion.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by ColecoGamer, Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:10 AM.

#228 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 11:15 PM

Did Jeffery quit the Jaguar scene? I tried to visit his website, but it seems to be gone.

I thought his JagZombies project showed promise.

E974E0BB-7680-453B-ACCB-89C12CF4BE38.png

#229 CyranoJ ONLINE  

CyranoJ

Quadrunner

• 5,318 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 11:18 PM

Did Jeffery quit the Jaguar scene? I tried to visit his website, but it seems to be gone.

At least that page renders correctly :D

#230 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 11:21 PM

At least that page renders correctly :D

That one caught me off guard. Lol :D

#231 Jeffrey_Bones OFFLINE  

Jeffrey_Bones

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts

Posted Wed Feb 7, 2018 11:39 PM

No I did not quit. Just a little issue with the server after I bought a second domain.

www.tengengames.com

I have lots of big news coming soon

I have some legal matters to finish up

#232 ColecoGamer OFFLINE  

ColecoGamer

Dragonstomper

• 500 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:08 AM

If I’m understanding this properly, you bought the Tengen trademark?

#233 BillyHW OFFLINE  

BillyHW

River Patroller

• 3,546 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 1:16 AM

I only looked at the first page, but this looks pretty cool.  Reminds me of a game I played on a friend's VIVE in virtual reality.  Only brought back to the technology of 20+ years ago on the Jag.

#234 Felyx OFFLINE  

Felyx

Dragonstomper

• 614 posts
  • Location:Angers, France, Europe, planet Earth, Solar System, Universe

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 3:53 PM

Any update?

#235 Welshworrier OFFLINE  

Welshworrier

Chopper Commander

• 225 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 7:42 PM

Believe it's due out soon in red cart - he's not uploaded any recent videos so, given his track record, I'll take a guess:

1. Random hit area around zombies and associated random number of required hits. Invincible legs and feet.
2. Same play mechanic and difficulty on all levels - just the backdrop changes.
3. Standard clipart graphics for the zombies which occasionally change from male to female and/or disappear
4. No depth sorting so further away zombies get shot before the ones nearer to you.
5. The three option overlay that was shown earlier in thread - so pretty much pointless.
6. A 'gun' option, that has the accuracy of a banjo and a barn door combination.
7. A red cd option that may, or may not, be readable on a jaguar drive due to how picky the media is.
8. Standard raptor Font in same location as all his other games for scores and health.
9. Copyright infringing soundtrack (as smells like teen spirit would require commercial licencing).
10. An advertising campaign that focuses on the haters on here and elsewhere, as he doesn't want to rely on any advance views of the complete game. Then a switch to how he is a rebel against the reboot cabal, and then a totally unbiased review by his co moderator on the Facebook group (the one who just uploaded an hour and twenty yt vid of all jaguar with NO ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE INCLUDED. The person giving Frogzzzzzzzz a 7 out of 10 while xenon 2 gets a 6 and who could actually be the warm up act for a hypnotist - for a laugh switch on auto subtitles and marvel at what Google thinks he's saying)

Apart from that, who knows.

#236 Gummy Bear ONLINE  

Gummy Bear

Moonsweeper

• 365 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 8:15 PM

So Welshworrior is down for 2 copies, who else? Lol

#237 madman OFFLINE  

madman

River Patroller

• 2,678 posts

Posted Wed Aug 8, 2018 10:05 PM

11. Another certain "developer" defending him.

12. The locking of this thread.

#238 Jeffrey_Bones OFFLINE  

Jeffrey_Bones

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:06 AM

Believe it's due out soon in red cart - he's not uploaded any recent videos so, given his track record, I'll take a guess:
1. Random hit area around zombies and associated random number of required hits. Invincible legs and feet.
2. Same play mechanic and difficulty on all levels - just the backdrop changes.
3. Standard clipart graphics for the zombies which occasionally change from male to female and/or disappear
4. No depth sorting so further away zombies get shot before the ones nearer to you.
5. The three option overlay that was shown earlier in thread - so pretty much pointless.
6. A 'gun' option, that has the accuracy of a banjo and a barn door combination.
7. A red cd option that may, or may not, be readable on a jaguar drive due to how picky the media is.
8. Standard raptor Font in same location as all his other games for scores and health.
9. Copyright infringing soundtrack (as smells like teen spirit would require commercial licencing).
10. An advertising campaign that focuses on the haters on here and elsewhere, as he doesn't want to rely on any advance views of the complete game. Then a switch to how he is a rebel against the reboot cabal, and then a totally unbiased review by his co moderator on the Facebook group (the one who just uploaded an hour and twenty yt vid of all jaguar with NO ACTUAL GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE INCLUDED. The person giving Frogzzzzzzzz a 7 out of 10 while xenon 2 gets a 6 and who could actually be the warm up act for a hypnotist - for a laugh switch on auto subtitles and marvel at what Google thinks he's saying)

You're funny. I plan to update this thread soon, With gameplay footage and a demo. I will be the one to do that.

LOL clipart zombies. The zombies are obviously 3d animated models rendered to sprite frames come on.

And BTW the depth sorting subroutine is working and fully functional.

In any case great speculation, always good to have a great laugh in the morning. ;)

#239 LinkoVitch OFFLINE  

LinkoVitch

River Patroller

• 2,504 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:41 AM

LOL clipart zombies. The zombies are obviously 3d animated models rendered to sprite frames come on.

What package did you do the renders in? Blender, or Poser or something? Got any screen shots of the full detail zombie model? be interesting to see them in their pre 90's pixelification :)  Imagine you'll be able to use them for cool boxart/poster type stuff too!

#240 Jeffrey_Bones OFFLINE  

Jeffrey_Bones

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 952 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 8:57 AM

What package did you do the renders in? Blender, or Poser or something? Got any screen shots of the full detail zombie model? be interesting to see them in their pre 90's pixelification :)  Imagine you'll be able to use them for cool boxart/poster type stuff too!

I did not create the models. They are stock models that were purchased and animated through Mixamo.com They have a ton of models and an autorig subroutine right on the website and thousands of animations to choose from. You can also use your OWN models with their autorigger. The site is a great tool for 3d animation but only for bipedal human type animation. I used a combination of FRAPS and Photoshop to get the individual frames.

Screenshot_2018-08-09-11-02-22.png

Screenshot_2018-08-09-11-02-28.png

Screenshot_2018-08-09-11-02-35.png

#241 LinkoVitch OFFLINE  

LinkoVitch

River Patroller

• 2,504 posts

Posted Thu Aug 9, 2018 10:07 AM

Nice, hadn't heard of mixamo.com,

Surprised to see Adobe giving stuff away like that too! Although it sound like they might make it paid for at some point in future, so I guess FILL YER BOOTS NAO! :D

#242 Welshworrier OFFLINE  

Welshworrier

Chopper Commander

• 225 posts

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 AM

So screen caps of stock models from a demo version of software, and definitely not standard clip art....

Good to hear you've got the depth sorting fixed, last version I saw had people going through the pillers in the middle of the carpark level.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users