IGNORED

Is the CosmosEx gone forever?

Jookie, will not be making them soon.. a couple of years maybe. Because of the business fees.. Maybe he could lease it out? or sell it off? no idea.. but at the moment he seems to be on a break from the Atari scene. Have not seem him around for months. I have many unanswered emails.

James

Was late to the game when Jookie's products came out.

Didn't really follow all what they offered, having a Falcon didn't think much of it.

Now I'm looking how to connect a P/S 2 or USB keyboard to the Falcons :(

Sold my DEKA last year, but those type keyboards are hard to find in good condition now.

zp_manchester on ebay has a nice setup, looks like they sold out pretty fast.

Today sent a mail if they would soon be available, I could use 8 units :)

Isn't CosmosEx open-source? It looks like the sources are on GitHub. However, I don't know anything about programming so the files are all an empty cloud to me.

All it takes for a new batch is for someone to take the sources and figure out what to do with them...

NO, the Cosmosex hardware is not open source. It is owned by Jookie. It was designed by him, it is his. The software? Well I cannot comment on opensource licences persay.. but if you found some of the stuff on GIT Hub then it should say. But the software was contributed to for sure, there were several involved. THE CE_ software that comes with it, are specific to that hardware. So unless Jookie makes some kind of deal (exxos has asked) or Lotharek, who did take over the Satan FFD emulator, so maybe he will go with Lotharek for it. The offical thread for COSMOSEX is on atari-forum.com and on exxos own forum you can see a thread about his interest in it.

James

NO, the Cosmosex hardware is not open source. It is owned by Jookie. It was designed by him, it is his. The software? Well I cannot comment on opensource licences persay.. but if you found some of the stuff on GIT Hub then it should say. But the software was contributed to for sure, there were several involved. THE CE_ software that comes with it, are specific to that hardware. So unless Jookie makes some kind of deal (exxos has asked) or Lotharek, who did take over the Satan FFD emulator, so maybe he will go with Lotharek for it. The offical thread for COSMOSEX is on atari-forum.com and on exxos own forum you can see a thread about his interest in it.

James

Considering the Satandisk and UltraSatan are open source, I am a bit surprised by this news. He has said before that he would rather spend his time designing things rather than manufacturing/testing/selling them.

Considering the Satandisk and UltraSatan are open source, I am a bit surprised by this news. He has said before that he would rather spend his time designing things rather than manufacturing/testing/selling them.

atarian1, I am not an expert, but Satandisk and UltraSatan were at one time Jookie products, as far as I am aware he designed them. Open source means - "denoting software for which the original source code is made freely available and may be redistributed and modified." Firmware was made for them, and as I said in the other post Jookie usually has people collaborate with him on the software/firmware .. but open source means something else entirely. There are many projects where the designer releases the designs, the files, etc..etc.. I have never seen Jookie release anything to the public. The only one who can manufacture UltraSatan right now is Lotharek, and I assume he is doing it under a licence from Jookie. If you know a site that has plans and files so we can build and modify Satandisk and UltraSatan, please share, I have never seen these.

But again, I'm no expert on these things.. I'd ask Jookie, but he is on break from this stuff and not doing email.. and I emailed Lotharek a week ago about something else and he has not gotten back to me either.. sigh...

James

Edited by Bikerbob

There ya go! .. I was not aware he had released all that.

That being said, dont think I will be DIYing an ultrasatan when I can buy it from Lotharek for a reasonable amount.

There is a new european company on facebook making ST items.. maybe he will pick up Ultrasatan, or look into cosmos and start making it.

Centurion Computers I think. You will see them in the ST groups on Facebook.

James

There are documents for both SatanDisk and UltraSatan available on the jookie's website. You can download all schematics and PCBs in Eagle format and firmware from here:

SatanDisk:

http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=86

UltraSatan:

http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=255

Krupkaj, you are Jaysoft? you have done some great programs for the ST. I am really glad I found JayMSA..

James

Edited by Bikerbob

• 7 months later...

Everyone!

CosmosEx is back!!!

After Jookie's issues, the project has been passed over to Atari.sk to handle!

If you follow the "Buy CosmosEx" link from Jookie's CosmosEx page: http://joo.kie.sk/?page_id=384

it will redirect you to Atari.Sk's page where they are discussing the CosmosEx 3 project.

Seems to involve some upgrade, pending the first 100 people to reserve theirs, we are at 39 at the time I'm writing this!

Thought I would share with the community!

• Like 2