Photo

Contacting Atarimax?

6 replies to this topic

#1 thefcpguy OFFLINE  

thefcpguy

Space Invader

• 23 posts

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 PM

I've heard it sometimes takes Steve at Atarimax a few days to get back to you, which I don't have a problem with. I know this is a side project for him and presumably a labor of love. His products are unique and very cool.

I purchased the Ultimate SD cart, and sadly it gave up the ghost within an hour of use. I emailed Steve, and after a brief back and forth I haven't gotten a reply since October 18, despite reaching out roughly once a week.

Is there a better way to get a hold of him? Thanks in advance.

Bill

#2 LoTonah OFFLINE  

LoTonah

Moonsweeper

• 461 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 AM

Sorry, I don't know a better way of reaching Steve.  

Question for you though--what happened?  How is it not working?  Have you tried another SD card?  They're sometimes flakey, in my experience.

#3 thefcpguy OFFLINE  

thefcpguy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:26 AM

I did start out with a flaky SD card- the Ultimate SD would boot but wouldn't read it. That card actually shipped with the cart, so I formatted one of my own and I was up and running for about an hour. Suddenly the screen froze, and when I cycled power on the CV the cart wasn't recognized at all. I either get a black screen or the standard CV error that says to insert a game cartridge. All my other cartridges work just fine.

#4 Swami OFFLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 867 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:54 AM

Check your junk mail/spam. His responses go there for me.

#5 thefcpguy OFFLINE  

thefcpguy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:14 PM

Yep. Checked there a few times.

#6 danwinslow OFFLINE  

danwinslow

River Patroller

• 2,531 posts

Posted Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:10 PM

I recently had responses delayed by 2 months or so. They weren't important, just questions...but I had kind of given up on getting a response. On the other hand, I've had about 10 or so transactions involving services over the last 5 years, and while they weren't particularly speedy, they were no where near that slow and they all wound up great.

#7 thefcpguy OFFLINE  

thefcpguy

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 23 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 AM

Steve got back to me overnight (with many apologies) and is shipping out a new unit. Thanks Steve!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users