IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this great thread. It seems like there are plenty of options for game box protectors for almost any system but console protectors for most of the older systems is lacking. Would make keeping my old boxed mint or near mint systems so much easier to maintain with console protectors. Anyone making custom size console protectors or protectors for the follow:

APF M1000
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Bally Astrocade
Fairchild Channel F
Telestar
Atari Ultra Pong Doubles
Atari 5200
Atari 5200 Roller controller
Atari 5200 VCS Adapter
Atari 7800 Pro System
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar
Intellivision
Turbo GrafX-16
Colecovision
Colecovision Expansion Module #1
Colecovision Expansion Module #2
Colecovision Roller Controller
Colecovision Super Action Controllers
Colecovision Super game module
Sega Nomad
Sega Game Gear
NEC Turbo Express

• 5 months later...
On 3/14/2019 at 11:47 PM, gameguystl said:

Thanks for this great thread. It seems like there are plenty of options for game box protectors for almost any system but console protectors for most of the older systems is lacking. Would make keeping my old boxed mint or near mint systems so much easier to maintain with console protectors. Anyone making custom size console protectors or protectors for the follow:

APF M1000
Emerson Arcadia 2001
Bally Astrocade
Fairchild Channel F
Telestar
Atari Ultra Pong Doubles
Atari 5200
Atari 5200 Roller controller
Atari 5200 VCS Adapter
Atari 7800 Pro System
Atari Lynx
Atari Jaguar
Intellivision
Turbo GrafX-16
Colecovision
Colecovision Expansion Module #1
Colecovision Expansion Module #2
Colecovision Roller Controller
Colecovision Super Action Controllers
Colecovision Super game module
Sega Nomad
Sega Game Gear
NEC Turbo Express

The seller on eBay, papa*nannysfunstuff, makes great console protectors and has more available than she has listed on her store. Additionally, she makes custom protectors. They used to be a husband and wife team but I believe the husband passed away recently; I am forgetting their names at the moment. If you're not a fan of leather covers, Printer Boy also makes ones that look like the actual console it is protecting. Enjoy!

Unrelated, but while I'm on this thread, @stupus would you please update the original/pinned post in this thread to reflect that there is now a great solution for Atari XEGS game boxes? Looks like that never managed to get updated a year or so ago. Thanks!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stupus said:

Wow, those printerboy covers are very nice! And decent pricing!

Sadly since the forum upgrade i have lost editing privileges to this thread....as well as all my collection threads........AL??????

@Albert would you please give stupus editing privileges for this thread? Thank you!!

1 hour ago, stupus said:

Wow, those printerboy covers are very nice! And decent pricing!

Sadly since the forum upgrade i have lost editing privileges to this thread....as well as all my collection threads........AL??????

I own several printerboy covers. They are nice, but I prefer the much more durable covers from Barb (papa*nannysfunstuff). I've only gotten printerboy covers for consoles she doesn't currently offer covers for. The printerboy ones are also really thin and light and while I'm sure they protect from dust well enough, I don't believe they shield from light that much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Done!  @stupus You can now edit the first post in this thread.

..Al

Thanks, any way we can get editing options on the collection threads too.

Otherwise any new stuff added has to always be in a new post at the end of the thread.

38 minutes ago, stupus said:

Thanks, any way we can get editing options on the collection threads too.

Otherwise any new stuff added has to always be in a new post at the end of the thread.

I've updated this forum so anyone can edit any of their posts in it indefinitely.  :)

..Al

• Thanks 2

Thanks AL!

I just updated the first post with links to new protectors that Buzz and Bingos Moon Circus made for Atari XEGS game boxes.These also fit Vic 20 game boxes. And I added linkd to protectors they made for Atari Lynx game boxes too. These also fit blue and grey cardboard style Supervision game boxes. 

They also now sell protectors for odyssey 2 games as well as protectors for vhs size clamshells!

Thanks Buzz and Bingos for supporting these odd sizes!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

This is a great thread, thanks to everyone for their research!

Unless I missed it, this thread doesn't list a protector for the Jaguar console box.  I haven't purchased one, but an Internet search turned this from a seller in the Netherlands:
https://www.theboxprotectorshop.nl/en_GB/c-4126967/atari-jaguar-console-protectors/

Anybody know this seller or product?

The other console box I really want a protector for is the Astrocade, but I haven't been able to find anything suitable yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Notice some are missing that I've located and hoping to order in next couple days.

Not sure of the NL shop shipping to the states though.  Perhaps someone in EU can verify their quality.  They certainly have many console protectors we lack over here.

Atari Jaguar CD

https://www.mortoffgames.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=297&product_id=933

Atari Jaguar Controller

https://www.mortoffgames.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=297&product_id=944

Atari Jaguar Cartridge Games

https://www.retroprotection.com/Atari-Jaguar_c27.htm

Atari Jaguar System

https://www.theboxprotectorshop.nl/c-4126967/atari-jaguar-console-protectors/

Atari 2600 (Vader) System

https://www.theboxprotectorshop.nl/c-4126933/atari-console-protectors/

NES Deluxe (ROB) Set

https://kollectorprotector.com/

He doesn't list on site any longer but he does have them.  Great dude I finally met at Portland Retro Expo.  Trying to work with him to get a custom Bounty Box 5200 box made, maybe a Vectrex 3D Imager.   In the meantime, this is the closest thing for bounty bob 5200

https://retroprotection.com/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadows-of-Valentia-Box-Protector-1-571.htm

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the links, there are quite a few updates that need to be made. I have just had zero freetime most of this year. :(

I had seen that boxprotectorshop had listed a rob deluxe set console protector and i was very excited to get 1 for mine but now the purchase button is gone.

Maybe i will hit up kollectorprotector :)

Iwould love a protector for my bounty bob too and my 3d imager.

How close is the protector you linked to for bounty bob from retroprotection.com?

Wish i had known about it as i just made a big order from Dan last week!!

I just recently found the 7800 game box protectors from mortoff are an exact fit for the interton vc4000 games.

Edited by stupus

I just ordered so don't have them yet to test how close things are to fitting.

I have a lot of stuff in this order that was made for other things that are close to fitting some of the oddball items i have.  I'll let you know how it all fits.

Maybe we can start a google drive sheet with all of this info so more than 1 of us can assist in making additions and modifications and link it on the first post.  I'm part of a group for Playstation VR Physical games and that is how we maintain the lists.  Maybe a different sheet within the workbook for each console with links to sites and which box fits best.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FHcg00OEAc5d5Esa3tuBO2_mzXKF0gAWtLRuXBIr6-4

Started a Google Drive doc that we can all start contributing to and sharing with others who may not have an atariage account.

Let me know what you think about that format.  Only done with 2600 and 5200 so far, but want to include everything all the way up to current gen systems.

@stupus  that Fire Emblem Echoes 3ds box fits Bounty Bob perfectly.  Allows the hang tab to be fully extended.

Edited by mooshue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks great! Roll with it! The first post here has gotten crazy so your format is much cleaner.

Then updates here can be added to the doc.

I will add a link to the first post here too.

Also buzz and bingos lynx game box protectors on ebay are great. Nobody else has those.

Just recently got and tried them.

And their vhs clamshell protectors work great for atari 2600 clamshell games by homevision and itt family games....possibly others.

Thanks!

• Like 2

thank you stupus.

Are the Outline links to the left of the document working ok for everyone?

I see them as the author but want to make sure they work for everyone even with Read Only permissions.

I've added quite a few today.  Received all of my shipments from the various protector makers at once so I've been on a mission today to protect as many as possible and update the doc :)

Edited by mooshue
  • Thanks 1

Looking great!

Links work for me on my phone with mobile google docs.

I notice the ones to videogameboxprotectors.com all just seem to go to their main page though. The others seem to go to exact protector.

For tomy you could add the tutor game boxes fit in the standard retroprotection atari 2600 protectors.

For astrocade you could add the standard games and also the esoterica/spectre system game boxes also fit in standard atari 2600 from retroprotection.com. 

You could also add the clam shell protectors from buzz and bingo i mentioned in the above post work for atari 2600 homevision and itt family games boxes.

And the xenoblade box protector from retroprotection.com works perfect for the homevision reprk game kit box. 

Probably more to add but i see these at first glance.

Oh, also the standard atari protectors from retroprotection also work for all coleco brand colecovision games in a standard size box as well as most others brands...imagic, interphase, xonox, atarisoft, spectrevision, small box sierravision.

The fat box activision ones use the same protector that works for the atari fat box activision games. And the parker bros games and sunrise games are best in the videogameboxprotectors.com atari 2600 protectors.

The 1 sega title needs the tall box intellivision protector. 

Oh and interton vc-4000 games fit exactly in the mortoff 7800 box protectors. 

Thanks again for your help!!!

Mark

Thanks stupus.  This is actually quite a fun little project.  Lots missing still.

I'm kind of just adding what I'm actually placing into my own protectors right now. Also still cleaning up code, formatting, etc.  Working on transferring content from your original post right now.

The way videogamboxprotectors site works does not allow for direct linking to a product.  The store seems to create a session token with a unique browsing id. Any links I copy and past just go right back to the main store page again. Noticed yours also do it from the main post.  I may dig a bit deeper into the code at some point. That's actually what prompted me to go back through every single item this morning and actually list precisely what protector fits that item. That way if a store updates or changes a page, we at least know what it is.

Once I get all the existing content from your original post into the doc, I plan to share it among all of the various collector groups I belong to. Hopefully everyone else does as well and make it continue to grow and get all of these great stores more business to make even more protectors due to increased demand.  That way we all win; they have demand for new non existent product and we get the benefit of obtaining non existent product.

Google Doc list is now complete and it's been updated to allow commenting from anyone.

When I say complete, it's complete with all of this original post content as well as all the protectors I just placed my own items into these last couple weeks.

Feel free to share, comment directly on the doc if anything you find works better, something that isn't on the list and you confirm fits great (I know there's a lot out there) 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...