Photo

Adam War Games Dialer

4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnPolka OFFLINE  

JohnPolka

Space Invader

• 32 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:52 PM

Does anyone remember a program called the "War Games Smartdialer"? It used the Adamlink modem to find other modems to connect to by automatically dialing phone numbers. The name, of course, is based on a similar program that the protagonist in the movie "War Games" used.

#2 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,280 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:13 PM

I don't remember that one, but I had one for my Atari 8-bit computer. I connected with several computers at our local NBA arena back in the 80s by starting the dialing sequence at the arena's main number. They required passwords to go any farther than a simple "Enter Password" screen.

Was the ADAM one written in Basic?

Does anyone remember a program called the "War Games Smartdialer"? It used the Adamlink modem to find other modems to connect to by automatically dialing phone numbers. The name, of course, is based on a similar program that the protagonist in the movie "War Games" used.

#3 JohnPolka OFFLINE  

JohnPolka

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:29 PM

I don't remember that one, but I had one for my Atari 8-bit computer. I connected with several computers at our local NBA arena back in the 80s by starting the dialing sequence at the arena's main number. They required passwords to go any farther than a simple "Enter Password" screen.

Was the ADAM one written in Basic?

Yes. Although there may or may not have been ML routines in it. I don't remember. I briefly had a copy of it before moving onto an Atari 800XL.

The publisher was called Adam's Apple. You can find their Graphics Writer software on sacnews, but not their War Games Dialer.

#4 jblenkle OFFLINE  

jblenkle

River Patroller

• 4,280 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:35 PM

The SacNews site is mine!!! The War Games Dialer could be there someplace because there are tons of Basic programs archived in that massive collection on the downloads page. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Yes. Although there may or may not have been ML routines in it. I don't remember. I briefly had a copy of it before moving onto an Atari 800XL.

The publisher was called Adam's Apple. You can find their Graphics Writer software on sacnews, but not their War Games Dialer.

#5 JohnPolka OFFLINE  

JohnPolka

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 PM

The SacNews site is mine!!! The War Games Dialer could be there someplace because there are tons of Basic programs archived in that massive collection on the downloads page. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Sounds good. Thanks! I'd love to see it again since it was a pretty unique program back in the day. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users