Photo

Space Shuttle (prototype)/jzIntv

7 replies to this topic

#1 AnnaWu OFFLINE  

AnnaWu

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:03 AM

Unfortunately I have no voice by using jzIntv and Space Shuttle (prototype)
Space Shuttle (prototype) should support the IntelliVoice.
Is it possible to get a working *.cfg file with correct mapping?

Thanks in advance.

Anna

#2 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,390 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:37 AM

The -v1 switch should do it. I think you can also turn intellivoice on through the cfg file. Here's what's in the cfg file I have.

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $2FFF = $D000
$3000 - $4FFF = $E000

[vars]
voice =1

I'm not sure I'd call Space Shuttle a prototype. I don't know what it is, maybe a demo.

#3 AnnaWu OFFLINE  

AnnaWu

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 41 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:52 AM

The -v1 switch should do it. I think you can also turn intellivoice on through the cfg file. Here's what's in the cfg file I have.

[mapping]
$0000 - $1FFF = $5000
$2000 - $2FFF = $D000
$3000 - $4FFF = $E000

[vars]
voice =1

I'm not sure I'd call Space Shuttle a prototype. I don't know what it is, maybe a demo.

You are my hero. :) Thanks a lot.

Anna

#4 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,260 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:42 PM

I go with calling Space Shuttle a prototype since it was intended to become a game back in the day.

#5 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,390 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 PM

That's fine. I was just pointing out that this rom is not very playable.

Edit:
If I'm not mistaken, I thought the programmer himself said in an interview, that he was surprised the rom has voice because he never got around to putting voice in the game back in the 1980s.

Edited by mr_me, Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:09 PM.

#6 Gernot OFFLINE  

Gernot

Chopper Commander

• 214 posts

Posted Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:49 PM

would a manual and a overlay help?

i managed it once a few aears ago to catch a sattelite, without the manual i tried to find out the functions myself as good as i could.

Attached File  shuttle.pdf   82.63KB   25 downloads

spaceshuttle.jpg

:D

he177.gif

Edited by Gernot, Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:56 PM.

#7 Gernot OFFLINE  

Gernot

Chopper Commander

• 214 posts

Posted Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:21 PM

i have to lose a word or two to lose about this prototype, better unfinished simulation, because it simply ends if you succeeded or not, no points, no honor, no nothing.

a similar game was released by coleco for the atari, very very similar, i saw a clip of one explaining why he liked it as a kid, it gave him the feel to be in a shuttle for real, he's aware that it's no game in the common sense, but well i like it to, i like even the unfinished version, it won't matter if you can start the next absolute similar mission or not, pressing reset does the same.

ok, you have to launch the shuttle in the atari release, but on the other hand this won't be your job, your job is to deploy and board a satellite, it's the job of the ground control to burn the candle.

i like this blatant simulation which could be based on a nasa animation advertising the shuttle program, "the purpose is..." and in fact this is the purpose, to do jobs in space only a human can do.

i stated it maybe more the once i do it again, i would have felt in love even with the unfinished game when i was 16.

it would have been a sort of dream come true and i do know what he means he felt like being aboard of a real shuttle.

we had blocky graphics but a good imagination.

#8 intvsteve OFFLINE  

intvsteve

River Patroller

• 2,849 posts

Posted Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Gernot, are you talking about the Activision Space Shuttle for the 2600?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users