Raptor Horz HiRes 1280.png 681.54KB 10 downloads
RAPTOR API 2.0
It has been over 2 years since the last release of the API. In that time, various updates have been pushed into the API in order to improve the rB+ experience, but these have not been implemented into the API release - until now.
This release bundles all the previous updates along with some new functionality into a new baseline, 2.0.00.
From this point forward, I will update the API release prior to pushing things into the rB+ package. This might cause longer delays to get new features into rB+ but will make my life much easier maintaining this library.
So, what are the major changes?
* The U-235 library is now 100% external to RAPTOR. A wrapper object file is included to preserve backwards compatibility.
* Inactive objects are dynamically culled from the list - they're not just ignored by the engine as previously, they are no longer visible to the Object Processor.
* Dynamic object redefinition. Objects in the list can now be redefined completely at run time.
* BLiTTER use! RAPTOR internal BLiTTER use can be disabled or set to automatic. There are also two powerful new BLiTTER functions for running batches of commands on the BLiTTER via the GPU.
* Highscores - RAPTOR now supports 5 unique highscore tables.
* 512 bytes of user data tagged with the MemoryTrack save routines.
* Several internal variables/pointers are now exposed allowing access to some internal operational data.
* Bugfixes - several bugfixes in the library
* The audio examples now work - They did before, but there was a gap in the documentation, meaning the sound calls produced silence.
* Updated logo files.
With all that said, go grab the API and start making games!
Push the buttons!