Photo

Crumbs!

33 replies to this topic

#26 pacman000 OFFLINE  

pacman000

Moonsweeper

• 327 posts

Posted Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:58 PM

I'm both surprised and saddened the Jaguar didn't already have a game like this.

#27 Stephen Moss OFFLINE  

Stephen Moss

Stargunner

• 1,000 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 AM

Yes I could add options to remove the head Bob and add a reticle to the centre of that helps. :)

That is kind of you to offer to but to be honest I was not aware of any head bob although that may be a factor, from the video I think it the wall segment graphics and the speed at which they move will be more of a factor.

You quickly adapt to the travel & gaming limitations that arise when you suffer as severely as I do. I have problems with Doom, Wolfenstien, AvP & Cybermorph, I can play them a bit if moving relatively slowly but if I have move quickly or end up going round in circles (i.e. lost in the air ducts) that becomes an issue. Strangely Star Wars Battlefront I can either play for hours or just minutes and I can't even watch someone play Call of Duty (or video from a roller coaster) for more than a minutes. Similarly I cannot play World Tour Racing for long but Microprose Grand Prix on the ST I could endure for some time.

Consequently I am unable to define what exactly causes the problem, but it is probably some combination of number of different colours used, number of pixels/object moving simultaneously, graphic resolution (looking pixely or smooth), frame rate and movement speed, which of those apply may well vary from game to game.

Plain walls and about half the speed may help me however it would be unreasonable to expect anyone to limit their vision of what they want their game to be or put in special modes just for the one person in a 1000 that may have issues.

Edited by Stephen Moss, Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:00 AM.

#28 CyranoJ OFFLINE  

CyranoJ

River Patroller

• 4,892 posts
  • RAPTOR in LOCAL

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:09 AM

I also get motion sickness in FPS games.  I never used to, but it started about 15 years ago. I suspect that games were below the 'smooth' threshold before then, and once it all got silky 50/60 fps the hurling started.

Having a 6 year old GPU and cranking up the detail levels helps reduce modern stuff to non-hurling levels.

Maybe that's why I love the Jaguar :P

#29 Major Havoc 2049 OFFLINE  

Major Havoc 2049

Dragonstomper

• 893 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:13 AM

Cool looking game.  The siren noise is on the annoying side though.

#30 Sporadic OFFLINE  

Sporadic

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts
  • Probably RB+ing

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 AM

Cool looking game.  The siren noise is on the annoying side though.

Yes I might add options for sound. 

#31 Otto1980 OFFLINE  

Otto1980

Chopper Commander

• 240 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 AM

if you would hide the map like avp and then the player discovers step by step i think you get deeper gameplay with more focus on the upper 3d part.

also more action

#32 saboteur OFFLINE  

saboteur

Star Raider

• 93 posts

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:41 AM

Hi Sporadic,

This is a really nice piece of work - is it coded entirley in RB+ ?

Will you release source when you finaly happy with it ? I'd love to see how you've acheived everything.

cheers

#33 Sporadic OFFLINE  

Sporadic

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 460 posts
  • Probably RB+ing

Posted Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:12 PM

Hi Sporadic,

This is a really nice piece of work - is it coded entirley in RB+ ?

Will you release source when you finaly happy with it ? I'd love to see how you've acheived everything.

cheers

Thank you :)

Yes this is all coded in rB+ . I've been on and off coding the engine for around 2 years now, it's gone through many many iterations to optimise things. 

I'd like to release some source at some point but I really don't know when that'll be yet. There's probably still more that can be tweaked ;)

#34 doctor_shred OFFLINE  

doctor_shred

Star Raider

• 64 posts

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 PM

This looks great.  Keep up the good work!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users