IGNORED

Jr. Pac-Man review for Intellivision

Gray Defender

Wolfy62 stated: "When my games arrive, I will give a fair and thorough review! :) :thumbsup:"

The reviews thus far have not been fair?

Why is this game still being distributed in such a defective state, especially *after* feedback from non-testers have been provided? Because Intellivision community normalcy? Purchase a defective cartridge, then pay $10+ for a fixed ROM?

…and $10+ in return shipping to have your defective cartridge reprogrammed? If you're lucky?

The above scenario is why I am no longer an early Intellivision homebrew adopter.

Are you saying the reviews are not fair, or on the game ?

I wasn't saying anything. I'm asking a question. Identifiable by the question mark at the end of my sentence.

Wolfy states that when he receives his copy, he will give a fair review. By his context, I'm asking if he thought that the other reviews were not fair in some way.

The reviews thus far have not been fair?

Why is this game still being distributed in such a defective state, especially *after* feedback from non-testers have been provided? Because Intellivision community normalcy? Purchase a defective cartridge, then pay $10+ for a fixed ROM?

…and $10+ in return shipping to have your defective cartridge reprogrammed?

The above scenario is why I am no longer an early Intellivision homebrew adopter.

Ok thanks for editing this, now I understand what you meant.

I wasn't saying anything. I'm asking a question. Identifiable by the question mark at the end of my sentence.

Wolfy states that when he receives his copy, he will give a fair review. By his context, I'm asking if he thought that the other reviews were not fair in some way.

That question just went over my head.. lol Thanks for the explanation save2600

Cheers brother

• Like 1

I Think Wolfy just meant he would add to the reviews when he got his copy.

BTW I was wondering the same thing when this review came out weeks ago. If shipping was going to continue.

Like I said I had all these issue arise the first game I played , all on fast mode.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, your musical choice and Paul Masson wine ad are suggesting that Inty home brew games are always rushed and released before being properly tested? Unless I have misunderstood the references, that seems a bit harsh.

I just think he is referring to some of the games. And really with how easy and how frequent the bugs occur in Jr Pac Man how could it get by testing. They may be getting tested but are the people being chosen relaying the proper feed back. Im sure there are people not posting on this thread just for fear of offending or once games arrive they put on shelf for decoration not to play.

Honesty and constructive criticisms all helps make things better. Not kissing ass like some do around here.

Cheers and sometimes the truth hurts...

• Like 1

Wolfy62, just to let you know all games I played were on fast mode in Arcade Mode and Atari Mode on a Intellivion II .

Can you test it with fast mode off. Fast mode is really a cheat anyway. The title screen (arcade/atari) should have no effect on gameplay bugs from what I understand.

Edit:

I could be wrong but my understanding is that fast mode, in this game, speeds up pac-man but not the ghosts; making the game easier.

Edited by mr_me

Can you test it with fast mode off. Fast mode is really a cheat anyway. The title screen (arcade/atari) should have no effect on gameplay bugs from what I understand.

I will test with fast mode off next time. I really wouldn't call fast mode a cheat because BiTD

A lot of the PAC Man games were set to fast mode in the arcades to make it more difficult.

Cheers

G

Edit:

I could be wrong but my understanding is that fast mode, in this game, speeds up pac-man but not the ghosts; making the game easier.

It's an option in the game so cheat or not makes no difference on what is occurring with all the bugs in the game.

Are you trying to justify the bugs in this game?

Just asking.

Cheers

(...) Not kissing ass like some do around here.

(...)

would you please say the names and the circumstances? For those like me who speak poor English to have an idea of what "kissing a$$" means

(j/k bro, though what you wrote sounds quite harsh. Critics are always good. Offenses never)

EDIT: by the way, after PRGE I haven't had to chance to play Jr. Pac-Man again, given that my two copies of the game and my consoles are actually in different parts of the world. I didn't see any problems in Portland, but I do not doubt there are, as stated by many of you guys here

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

would you please say the names and the circumstances? For those like me who speak poor English to have an idea of what "kissing a$$" means

(j/k bro, though what you wrote sounds quite harsh. Critics are always good. Offenses never)

Not meant to of sounded Harsh or offensive ,

Take it anyway you like. It is what it is :)

Cheers

I don't agree due to the types of bugs being reported.

I don't think it would be in manufacturing ,

Because so many other games have been manufactured in the same way. (I'm assuming it has ,Pls correct me if I'm wrong )

But hey anything is possible.

But I think I'm with Grips thoughts on this one.

Cheers

I never had an issue with the maze not actually ending on any of the play through I did on this game. And as Rev can attest to, I did lots of hours of testing the various builds when I was testing this game. I would even video tape the sessions so that when bugs appeared, I could go back and give the specifics to help diagnose and fix them.

I have never had the pink box glitch show up on any of the three intellivsions I tested on. Then again I did the bulk of the testing on my AV modded Sears unit. But my Sears unit actually has a standard 2609 Mattel mainboard in it as the original one it came with when I got it never worked and just gave a solid black screen. So technically my Sears unit is a standard 2609 Intelly.

I never tested anything in 2-player mode and this appears to be where most of the bugs come about. My wife and my kiddos could care less about playing Intellivision much less Pac-man in any form. I also stated before that the passing through of the ghosts was noted many times and originally was more often then it was in the final testing build. It was tweaked quite a bit over the testing period.

I'm curious what the conditions are for the pink box because I've still yet to have this come up in testing even currently. I don't own the final game released, but was told the last rom build we were given to test before release was used for the final release.