IGNORED

Dragonfire Source Code

Albert

DragonfireShot.gifThanks to the efforts of Dragonfire programmer Bob Smith and 2600 homebrew author Dennis Debro, we have been able to post the Dragonfire Source Code. This is Bob Smith's original, commented Dragonfire source so you can see it just as he wrote it over 20 years ago. To download the source, please go here, and you can assemble the source with the DASM Assembler.

Not that there's anything that I'll be able to do with it but this is a really cool thing for Bob Smith to do for the retro-gaming community. Thanks to Bob, Dennis, and AA!

Really, it was Bob that wanted his source in the public domain. I just happened to be the middle man here ;) I'm glad to see everything worked out.

The great thing about Bob's code is he comments very well. That was one of the things he was know for at Atari and Imagic.

Enjoy it!! It was a very good read. See if you can find the dragon positioning code :) He uses NOPs and JMPs to pull it off.

Hi Dennis!

Really, it was Bob that wanted his source in the public domain. I just happened to be the middle man here ;) I'm glad to see everything worked out.

Uhm... deja vu or not?

Is this the same that was posted to [stella] in august?

Greetings,

Manuel

Is this the same that was posted to [stella] in august?

Yep, same code. It should have been posted to AtariAge a while back.. But as you may have noticed recently, I've been on a mad rampage of putting content onto AtariAge, and still have a lot of catching up to do. :) :)

..Al

Archived