IGNORED

Asteroids 2000 by ithink

WAVE 1 GAMES

So if you didn't get enough Asteroids action on the Jag with Rebooteroids by Reboot or Asteroid by Sinister developments here is the unreleased prototype ROM of Asteroids 2000 by ithink. It was given to me by a friend.

I have tested it and it works only on Virtual Jaguar but you have to press the power button off then turn it back on to bypass some graphical glitches.

It does not run in Project Tempest. It does not run in the Phoenix emulator. It does not run on the Android Jaguar emulator IrataJaguar. It currently does not run on Skunk.

The most notable feature in the game I saw is there is a level where you play as an Atari fuji logo and you have to shoot 3DO logos. Pretty cool. So if you haven't already picked up the ROM elsewhere here it is. Check it out.

ASTEROID.ABS

• Like 4

Awesome, thanks for this :cool:

I got to the stage mentioned in the first post. Pretty damn cool.

post-2188-0-11210700-1511749266.jpg

Not a bad score imo for a 1st play. I'll hack in infinite lives later and see if there's an end. Then, I'll make a cart so the uninformed can tell me it sits on a shelf :thumbsup:

post-2188-0-10019300-1511749372.jpg

• Like 1

That was just dick waving, you put those back on the shelf, otherwise I would love to see your daily dance around all of those items. :P

Yeah, I was showing off that time :P

But, like angryfumeguy says, I mention buying 3 in my posts-however, it's only when necessary to show support for the devs/creators, give them solid #s of forecasted sales to work with and have one each for my kids. Not to show off.

• Like 3

Yeah, I was showing off that time :P

But, like angryfumeguy says, I mention buying 3 in my posts-however, it's only when necessary to show support for the devs/creators, give them solid #s of forecasted sales to work with and have one each for my kids. Not to show off.

Very much appreciated!

• Like 2

It's actually mentioned in the read.me included with the zip file. Also says about who wrote it and why (to learn about programming graphics). Not a great fan of reading docs I take it ;)

Not sure where the 2000 designation comes from, title screen and file calls it asteroids - as the 2000 usually applies to official Atari games.

So... Tech demo at version 0.10. No sound, hyperspace not working, disabled collision detection on the 3do level.

• Like 3

It's actually mentioned in the read.me included with the zip file. Also says about who wrote it and why (to learn about programming graphics). Not a great fan of reading docs I take it ;)

Not sure where the 2000 designation comes from, title screen and file calls it asteroids - as the 2000 usually applies to official Atari games.

So... Tech demo at version 0.10. No sound, hyperspace not working, disabled collision detection on the 3do level.

You are correct I did not read that.

However...

Hyperspace DOES work. It is button A

I played the .rom version the guy posted on Facebook a few weeks ago and it was pretty good with bugs of course. But I had fun getting through the levels and that 3DO level was pretty cool. I have never been able to get a .ABS file to work at all so I am not sure if this one you posted here is different than the one that was posted on the Atari Jaguar Fans page a few weeks back? If it is upgraded from that version that would be great! Curious on that Jeff