CC-40 ROM Thread

8 replies to this topic

#1 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 AM

I talked to Atrax last night; as soon as my CC-40 boards come in, I'll slap a 27C040 in the ROM one and get a ROM image attached to this thread with the following programs.  Either you can burn it, or contact Atrax and he'll burn one for you.

* Advanced Electrical Engineering (32K)

* Editor Assembler (32K)

* Finance (32K)

* Mathematics (32K)

* Memo Processor (32K)

* Statistics (32K)

* Games 1 (32K)

* Pascal (32K)

I had dumped the majority of these a while back and can fix the 8K bank alignment easily to work with the 32K space the unit is expecting.  I also helped dump the CC-40 32K ROM and 2K Processor ROM a while back, and we got emulation working for the CC-40 because of this.

Note, this only fills up 256K of the 512K potential, so we still have room for eight more carts.   If anyone has extra cartridges not in this thread (Games 2, a Horse Racing cart, others), please reply to this thread.  I can dump and return your cartridge and add it to the EPROM.  

I will verify this ROM image works in Brain's board that the community has been working on in another thread and post the 512K EPROM image here for all to consume.  

So stay tuned.  And feel free to reply if you have a cart that I didn't list above so we can get them dumped to add to the cart image.

#2 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sat Dec 9, 2017 5:33 PM

Merry early Christmas, everyone!

Enclosed is a EPROM image for Jim's cart board with every single CC-40 program that we have dumped.  I have tested each program in here to make sure it runs, but have not done further testing.

We need to get scans or HOWTOs of each program to learn how to run them if anyone wants to help with that.

Edit:  The Pascal image is courtesy of Vorticon :)

Attached Files

#3 brain OFFLINE  

brain

Chopper Commander

• 226 posts

Posted Sat Dec 9, 2017 6:45 PM

Thanks!

#4 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 70 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:14 AM

woowhoo!!!

#5 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 70 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 AM

BTW, is the ROM board available somewhere?

#6 eebuckeye OFFLINE  

eebuckeye

Dragonstomper

• 958 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:24 AM

I'd buy this multi-cart in a second!  :-)

#7 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 AM

I'd buy this multi-cart in a second!  :-)

The boards are order able here:  http://store.go4retr...ototype-boards/

#8 Swim OFFLINE  

Swim

Star Raider

• 70 posts

Posted Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:00 PM

Ah, so the memory and ROM are the same boards set up with different parts? Didn't realize that. Will have to read from the beginning, came here late so I missed what you did.

#9 acadiel OFFLINE  

acadiel

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,030 posts
  • www.hexbus.com

Posted Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:01 PM

Ah, so the memory and ROM are the same boards set up with different parts? Didn't realize that. Will have to read from the beginning, came here late so I missed what you did.

We essentially cloned the RAM cart I had, and Jim added some resistors and a switch for physical hardware bank switching. I think he also adapted the same RAM cart into its ROM counterpart as well. With 16 banks of 32K, just like the RAM cart.

I’m also working on a 3D model to make a cart case for his boards. I’m unsure about the tab thing going on, perhaps he can make one without tabs and one without. I don’t plan on putting tabs in my case design, they are too small to file filler out of.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users