Cases for the Mini-ITX based Atari 8-Bit Motherboards

ÉclaireXL 1088XEL Atari 65XE on miniITX

105 replies to this topic

#101 Lavalamp OFFLINE  

Lavalamp

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:24 PM

Update: Added rear panel used Michael's rear panel as the cut out, added DVI and two additional DB9s as optional pop-outs at the rear, still sticking with the cartridge at the top aligned directly with the socket at this stage, tweaked the design slightly to accommodate the cartridge slot.

attachicon.gif1088XEL_Front.PNG

attachicon.gif1088XEL_Back.PNG

For those that were following my case just an update that I 3d Printed a draft of the back panel to ensure the ports aligned and that the pop out panels worked.... and it did, perfectly!

IMG_1280.JPG

The USB connector was 100% that was the big test, the pop outs worked as designed, and I placed my RGB connector from the Sophia in one of the spare DB9 pop-outs, holes aligned too! Im adding three DB9s now in case someone wants 4 joystick ports and the Sophia running.

Just waiting on some new printer parts to trial a print of the whole case.

#102 Lavalamp OFFLINE  

Lavalamp

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:42 PM

Add RGB DB9 next to DVI pop-out, I also indented around the USB port.

Lava's Case.png

#103 mytek OFFLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,696 posts

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:37 AM

Front Panel Designer Update - Adds 3D view and brushed metal surfaces

3D.png

Download Front Panel Designer 6.0.1

#104 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• 1,211 posts

Posted Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:54 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know of the sub-site I have chronicling my 1088XEL build in a Apex MI-008 mini-ITX case and the modifications I've done to include extra stuff.  The website is still under-construction, but it is workable.  No downloads as yet.

You can point your browser here: Apex MI-008/1088XEL Build

#105 john_q_atari OFFLINE  

john_q_atari

Space Invader

• 33 posts
  • Y build 1 when U can have 2 for twice the price!

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 4:28 PM

Has anyone modified one of the 3 DB connector openings on the back of the H80 case to accept the DVI connector from the Sophia DVI video mod? The rear panel I currently have doesn't have an opening for a DVI connection so I am trying to figure out how best to proceed. I am considering attempting to Dremel one of the existing openings wider.

#106 mytek OFFLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,696 posts

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 4:57 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know of the sub-site I have chronicling my 1088XEL build in a Apex MI-008 mini-ITX case and the modifications I've done to include extra stuff.  The website is still under-construction, but it is workable.  No downloads as yet.

You can point your browser here: Apex MI-008/1088XEL Build

I'm really enjoying reading your posts on the Apex Build  :thumbsup:  :) .

Has anyone modified one of the 3 DB connector openings on the back of the H80 case to accept the DVI connector from the Sophia DVI video mod? The rear panel I currently have doesn't have an opening for a DVI connection so I am trying to figure out how best to proceed. I am considering attempting to Dremel one of the existing openings wider.

Someone (I don't remember who?) did what you are suggesting and it came out very nice. Check the: 1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard DIY Builders Thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ÉclaireXL, 1088XEL, Atari 65XE on miniITX

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users