IGNORED

LindaSoft Games

davidcalgary29

Those games all look pretty bad, and, after the horror of Hypnotic Land, I'm sort of dreading the thought of loading up SuperScacchi on my XC12. I haven't loaded a game off of tape since the '80s...

And I may be mistaken, but isn't that 3D Othello game the same Reversi game that was a type-in in ANALOG magazine with Italian text??

Those games all look pretty bad, and, after the horror of Hypnotic Land, I'm sort of dreading the thought of loading up SuperScacchi on my XC12. I haven't loaded a game off of tape since the '80s...

And I may be mistaken, but isn't that 3D Othello game the same Reversi game that was a type-in in ANALOG magazine with Italian text??

Pirate version of Supereversion, from issue 27 of ANALOG Computing dated July 1985.:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-othello-3-d_20615.html

• Like 1

Many releases of LindaSoft are in fact pirate versions. It is sad to pay money for pirate stuff, but on the other hand some of these (pirated) titles are better than LindaSoft's own programs...

http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-400-800-xl-xe-lindasoft_publisher_1656_8_G.html

Supereversion was also printed in the german magazine Computronic as Reversi or Super Reversi as a type-in listing (they did not list an author, so I do not know if someone pirated it and sent it to them or if they got a license to print it in their magazine)...

• Like 2

Circo Bianco and Transformers do look pretty interesting, though, so I'm going to check them out.

None of my new Linda Soft finds have anything except instructions (in Italian) printed on the back of the cassette tapes. Did any of their other games -- the cartridge releases, for instance -- come with more substantial packaging?

a number of software exists that use names and properties without permission from entertainment industries and toy/game/boardgame companies, so that's the first level of piracy, likeness and names get used, the next level or piracy, to add to it, a listing in a magazine is lifted and translated without permission, this is also piracy and plagiarism, so now it get even more fun, it's re printed with those changes and some one types it in makes a change or two puts their name on it, sells it, and now it's a pirate's pirated, plagiarized, pirated publication... :) or more! lolzor rofl.......

The titles I know of are:

Acrobata

Atlantis Ultimo Uomo*

Bomba contra Bomba*

Circo Bianco

Conquest of the crown/Conquesta de la corona*

Gangsterville

Grand Prix

Guerriero Laser*

Hypnotic Land*

I Beatles e il papiro della pace*

Labirinto

Magic Escape & Test Drive

Operazione Tuono

Othello 3D*

Parsifal

Puzzle 1*

Settore Sigma*

Shoot Memory*

Space Hero

Super Collezione Games

Superscacchi*

Tic Tac Snack*

Transformers

* = in my collection

In the eighties the copyright laws in Italy were quite weak. So it was "allowed" to publish these games in Italy. This was not Atari only, there are also a lot of these kind of titles for the C64, Spectrum etc.

A few weeks ago I received a tape from another Italian company called "Laser Load" which also published "illegal" games in Italy. This is a copy of Montezuma's revenge.

montezuma.jpg

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 5

Circo Bianco and Transformers do look pretty interesting, though, so I'm going to check them out.

None of my new Linda Soft finds have anything except instructions (in Italian) printed on the back of the cassette tapes. Did any of their other games -- the cartridge releases, for instance -- come with more substantial packaging?

Their original titles Conquest of the crown, Hypnotic Land and I Beatles e il papiro della pace do have a nice (not general packaging). Look them up on Atarimania. Conquest of the crown even has a card game in the packaging.

Dumps of the tapes not on Atarimania can be found here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/265012-help-to-get-atarimuseumnl-software-collection-available-to-the-community/?p=3754580 and in that topic you can also find I Beatles e il papiro della pace.

Edited by Fred_M

There is an english version of "Circo Bianco" released here by the author or Philsan (who knows the author) at AA forum under the name "White Circle" (or White Circus?)... the gfx of this game are good, but the controls, oh well my dear...

Edit: Yes, found it under the name "White Circus" released by the author himself: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211862-white-circus/?hl=%2Bwhite+%2Bcircus&do=findComment&comment=2759662

Edited by CharlieChaplin

Sounds like a good drinking game. :)

Um, what is the plot of this game? Perhaps I'm just being dense, but those YouTube videos aren't really that helpful.

I absolutely don't know :-D I can't read Italian :grin:

Tic Tac Snack is a Tic Tac Toe game, it is on Atarimania.

It was taken from the US magazine Hi-Res. Lindasoft did not even change the title....

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

Bonita/Bonito (woman/man) is also similar to beautifull and cute, remember Madonna's song "La Isla Bonita" though here on the North of my country saying that a man is 'bonito' can be understand like you're saying that his wife/girlfriend put him a pair of 'add-ons' on his head like a bull ;), if you understrand me, are you?

:grin:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

First of all, Italian "lindo" or "linda" words come from Spanish but don't mean "beautiful" or "cute".

They only mean "clean", "tidy".

Linda is a female name too, as written by José.

In fact, Lindasoft founder named the company inspired by the birth of his daughter, Linda.

• Like 3