Photo

in which nate whines about cheap joysticks..

5 replies to this topic

#1 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 725 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 4:23 PM

maaaannnn- i JUST bought a generic CX40 three days ago and it's already busted!  cheap piece of junk ;)

i was playing Driving Demon and my joystick started making these weird clicky/grindy noises.  i take the thing apart and see that not only are the contacts suuuuupppeer thin, they are held onto the board with scotch tape. the two directions that were making the funky noises both had a 'leg' bent/snapped off :/

i think i can do something cool with the stick but for now I've thrown my Flashback CX40 on my TI until I can snag a proper joystick.

#2 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,622 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:14 PM

maaaannnn- i JUST bought a generic CX40 three days ago and it's already busted!  cheap piece of junk icon_wink.gif

i was playing Driving Demon and my joystick started making these weird clicky/grindy noises.  i take the thing apart and see that not only are the contacts suuuuupppeer thin, they are held onto the board with scotch tape. the two directions that were making the funky noises both had a 'leg' bent/snapped off :/

i think i can do something cool with the stick but for now I've thrown my Flashback CX40 on my TI until I can snag a proper joystick.

s-l500.jpg

https://www.ebay.com...handle&_sacat=0

#3 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 725 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:23 PM

sweet, thanks, greg!  I also have my eye on a slik stik as well.  

#4 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,731 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:27 PM

Those Wico's are good quality!  I know Greg prefers the Bat handle, but I like the Ball version myself.   Either way they are both built like tanks... which is why after 30+ years they STILL work.

#5 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,622 posts

Posted Fri Dec 1, 2017 8:27 PM

sweet, thanks, greg!  I also have my eye on a slik stik as well.  

I've had my original since 83 or 84 still works great

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#6 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 550 posts

Posted Sat Dec 2, 2017 12:35 AM

33b2cd15611bd42a92aeffe4e6aea71c.jpg

Try this and you’ll discover why the joypad style controllers replaced joysticks:

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/292352498923

Genesis style controller works as an Atari controller... of course only one button works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users