IGNORED

Dear Nintendo I'm Done.

(to quote Arlo)

'Dear Nintendo I'm Done I'm just I'm done. Sometimes you hope in your heart to help you get from day to day you have to hold on to that hope but after a while you reach a point where that hope can only hurt you and all you can do is let go and move on. It's better to simply accept that there is no hope and just move on.'

What Im saying is that for Nintendo seem to not getting it and been dropping the ball a lot when it comes to selling the NES and SNES Classic. Ninetdno has the greatest opportunity to sell there own version of a PlugNPlay system that had been on the market since 2004 with the ATARI Plug n Play system that to this day its still being sold and yet Nintendo do not seem to understand this I mean Nintendo that name alone should command loyal following to many that played classic retro games from DK, Mario and the like yet they cant out sell games from what should had been DEAD gaming companies like ATARI, SEGA and even older gaming system like Colecovision and Intellivision and you can fine any of them at any and I mean ANY store from Walmart, CVS, Walgreen, Gamestop, Toys R Us you get the idea.

Yes I know this is not for a true die hard gamers that can play any old Nintendo games on emulators but this should a no brainier that its for all them casual gamers that A: Never had the change to play any of the classic gaming and B: Dont know how to run emulators and I had done both but still would had love to collecet any Nintendo made items to keep and now Ill never going to get one at this point so I just may well cut my losses and just go out and fine some original NES and SNES games that I lost and I even made a Wish List below:

post-5587-0-77157700-1512226957_thumb.png

post-5587-0-57547800-1512226983_thumb.png

post-5587-0-37785100-1512227001_thumb.png

• Like 2

You need to structure that with actual sentences.

This may as well be textual white noise:

"Ninetdno has the greatest opportunity to sell there own version of a PlugNPlay system that had been on the market since 2004 with the ATARI Plug n Play system that to this day its still being sold and yet Nintendo do not seem to understand this I mean Nintendo that name alone should command loyal following to many that played classic retro games from DK, Mario and the like yet they cant out sell games from what should had been DEAD gaming companies like ATARI, SEGA and even older gaming system like Colecovision and Intellivision and you can fine any of them at any and I mean ANY store from Walmart, CVS, Walgreen, Gamestop, Toys R Us you get the idea. "

• Like 4

Nintendo knows exactly what they're doing- as Arlo I believe pointed out, they operate like a toy company more than a tech company. A tech company thrives on a high install base of people hooked on their product & makes them dependent on new versions of it (see iPhone). A toy company, on the other hand, thrives on scarcity. Good toys are the kid equivalent of designer brand merch- they're status symbols. If everyone can get it, it loses its appeal quickly. By keeping their stuff limited, Nintendo makes themselves the Prada of gaming tat. Anyone can get little Billy a Sega plug n' play, but we have Nintendo Minis. *Bourgeois laugh*

Personally, I think we're better off with vintage stuff & emulation. More options that way. No one's ever gonna put The Guardian Legend into one of these collections, but that's a damn good game. It may not be so great for folks who can't run an emulator... but if you're not willing to learn emulation, hunt down vintage tech, or pay the Ebay markup- you don't really want this stuff anyway.

• Like 4

What is the point of that rant?

You're pissed at Nintendo because they don't release their old games on a plug'n'play in enough quantity?

Strange, if you are a Nintento loyal fan, you should know that Nintendo had been offering their games on Virtual Console since the Wii came out.

If anything, most Nintendo hard fans complain that Nintendo keep releasing the same old games ever and ever, and this since... the SNES!

jaquette-super-mario-all-stars-super-nin

41WBGP0R0RL.jpg

5224.jpg

ztwpwi0f.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-twi-56979a45962ba.jp

How hard it is to go to the eShop and buy classic games?

• Like 2

I can not speak how tough the SNES Classic is to find in my own experience since I am not interested one.

I know a member of a Disney forum mentioning that he couldn't find SNES Classic for his 10 year old son for Christmas in stores. What it sounded like his son told him he wanted one for Christmas, but it was sold out by the time his told him wanted for Christmas. He didn't want to buy it on Ebay due to the prices.

I want to how much of that is due to supply and how much of it caused by people buying it for just selling it online. I mentioned online because people might be buying a bunch of SNES classic systems at once as way to make money.

I also know a local used video game store has it brand new, but its one of the prizes for a raffle on December 21st.

Edited by 8th lutz

9 Ways To Use Urgency Psychology To Improve Conversions

marketingland.com/12-ways-use-urgency-psychology-improve-conversions-112603

1. Scarcity

Scarcity is one of the most powerful sources of urgent behavior. The scarcity bias states that when a person thinks that something is running out, they want it more.

In more precise terms, when an item is perceived as being scarce, its subjective value increases. Whether it’s a baseball card, an iPhone 6, an antique Model T, or some other thing, people want that item so much more, because there aren’t many left.

Scarcity can be created by the producer. If you create a product or service, you can intentionally limit the amount that you produce or deliver in order to raise demand. It’s as simple as that. If you say that you only have “four more left,” the desire for that resource will increase due to the fact that it is running out.

• Like 2

(to quote Arlo)
'Dear Nintendo I'm Done I'm just I'm done. Sometimes you hope in your heart to help you get from day to day you have to hold on to that hope but after a while you reach a point where that hope can only hurt you and all you can do is let go and move on. It's better to simply accept that there is no hope and just move on.'

Saying no offense but... would be hollow but you know. I'm reading this, and your rationalizing in that first post and it just comes off as butthurt to me. I'm sorry but it does. The SNES can be found, they're shipped regularly, and had you really tried back when it came out that day alone they had more more stock than that entire farce of a time with the NES Classic. And during the time of them ramping up more production, and not just once, they also said it would continue to sell well into 2018 and come summer 2018 they'd do a large re-issue blowout of the NES Classic too. Perhaps you need to just have some patience.

Unlike ATgames or Jakks Pacific Nintendo isn't just dedicating their entire line of production to dinky closed up TV games units. Right now that stuff is not even a first or second priority, it's a distant third and further back (NES until 2018) fourth. This is the first holiday for the Switch and they dedicated most their work there to not only fill the shelves fairly well the last few months but to also hold back far more to get a lot out for Christmas. 3DS being their longer run cash cow has had a few recent release recoloring models and remodels of that 2DS/3DS line too and a few late key game releases. They're worth far more to them, it's the sane thing to do for their staying power.

If you can't stand it fine, I get that, use an emulator, get an everdrive, or blow some cash on original stuff because in every one of those cases you'll have access to far more anyway. It's not Nintendo's fault really, outside of them being complete morons with the NES release, but they're going to correct that next year for anyone who didn't feed a scalper. You also have to realize (Switch aside) those 2 boxes compete against their more profitable Virtual Console too which requires a console or handheld purchase as well.

I also know a local used video game store has it brand new, but its one of the prizes for a raffle on December 21st.

There is a chain of stores in my area that pretty much just deal in retro systems, LPs, CDs, etc. Point is, they do have SNES classics in stock in the store most of the time. But there is a catch. To buy one, they require you to also purchase an $80 gift certificate for use at their stores. So.. you pay the $79.99 for the SNES classic, plus another $80. So essentially they are selling them for $169.99 each. But they can get away with this because it isn't scalping per se. After all, they are selling the SNES classic for the MSRP. But it does seem scummy of them to require the purchase of the gift cert as well. I know why they are doing it, they are doing it to detract scalpers from buying up their stock, but to also ensure that they get an additional $80 from the purchaser to keep rotated in their stores.

Arlo? Isn't that the dime-store Grover on YouTube?

Anyway, kinda done with Nintendo right now. I lost that lovin' feelin' after they killed Miiverse. I don't think they understood (or cared) how important that social network was to its fans. Nothing else is really the same thing, although there are at least a couple of web sites which desperately try to imitate it.

I know the Switch is doing well for Nintendo, but I'm not personally on board with it. It strikes me as what the Wii U should have been, and I already paid for the test run. I can't pay for every game system that comes down the pike, and I'm not especially inclined to get this one.