Photo

All I want for Christmas is... (must be TI-99/4A related)

54 replies to this topic

#51 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 724 posts

Posted Fri Dec 8, 2017 4:07 PM

btw.. i tracked down the file and posted it to the FG99 thread here:  http://atariage.com/...2017/?p=3907420

So.....

* Wizard of Wor

* Blue Max

;-)

#52 Asmusr ONLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 2,496 posts

Posted Fri Dec 8, 2017 5:07 PM

* Blue Max

With very simple background graphics and plenty of sprites it should be possible. Hmmm....  

#53 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Chopper Commander

• 143 posts

Posted Fri Dec 8, 2017 6:25 PM

Since we're talking about game ports - I'd love to see a port of Activision's Master of the Lamps to the 99/4A.  There was an MSX port, so it should be doable on the 99/4A.  I had the Commodore 64 version of this game and while the SID chip was just way better than the 9919, the MSX version shows how it would have sounded.  Always liked this game.

#54 OLD CS1 OFFLINE  

OLD CS1

River Patroller

• 4,069 posts
  • Technology Samurai

Posted Fri Dec 8, 2017 7:49 PM

Since we're talking about game ports - I'd love to see a port of Activision's Master of the Lamps to the 99/4A.  There was an MSX port, so it should be doable on the 99/4A.  I had the Commodore 64 version of this game and while the SID chip was just way better than the 9919, the MSX version shows how it would have sounded.  Always liked this game.

Not necessarily.  The MSX has an AY-3-8910 sound chip which generates saw-tooth and triangle waves, quite a different sound than our 9919's square waves.  That said, we can get pretty close.

#55 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,620 posts

Posted Sat Dec 9, 2017 1:18 AM

We were just discussing this at home after my fiance showed me the game on the 64..  it's really not much the only tricky part may be drawing the 'tunnel'

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users