IGNORED

Coleco ADAM external HDMI video card that plugs into the side expansion

HDTV1080P

At this point in the ADAM's existence, there is no one developing software (for hobby or commercial reasons) specifically for use on it and unfortunately I do not see this changing. What the ADAM does offer in the way of new 'warez to enjoy specifically for use on it are a number of products that make modern storage options (IDE CF Package and the SD Virtual Disk Drive) available.

Where we ADAM owners are fortunate is the compatibility with all the Homebrew releases (cartridges, SGM, etc,) for the ColecoVision that are compatible with the ADAM. That's what we got to hang our hats on!

That's not to say that people haven't been interested in developing software for the ADAM in the recent past, but most of those that I have talked to have ended up moving on with the lone exception being Milli, who is in the process of learning the ins and outs of the system and programming on it.

• Like 1

Personally 90% of the time I prefer to use my ADAM for classic videogames like Family Feud, Jeopardy, and other Supergames that have not been ported over to the ColecoVision yet.

I use to use my ADAM for word processing with Smartwriter, but in the early 90’s (93-94 time frame), switched to Windows 3.1 with Microsoft Word which underlined misspelled words in red.

It would have been nice if a 1Gbps Ethernet networking card would have been developed for the ADAM. However a web browser for the ADAM would not be possible because of the CPU processing power needed and the existing low power graphics card in the ADAM. Sometimes I forget that ones Smartphone is more powerful when compared to the ColecoVision/ADAM. So yes videogames are 99% of the reasons why people still use the ADAM computer (until recent years the ADAM had exclusive Suppergames not found on the ColecoVision).

The Commodore, ATARI, and Texas Instruments computers are much more popular and still have computer software being developed for those systems.

In general its easier to develop new software for the ADAM instead of the task of designing new hardware. However I am glad to see companies still making new hardware devices for the ADAM computer like the ADAMNet SD Virtual Disk Drive.

Also I am glad that companies like ADAM House/EColeco are still around and still offering hardware and software for re-sale for the Coleco ADAM. They have been around since the 80’s.

Edited by HDTV1080P

At this point in the ADAM's existence, there is no one developing software (for hobby or commercial reasons) specifically for use on it and unfortunately I do not see this changing. What the ADAM does offer in the way of new 'warez to enjoy specifically for use on it are a number of products that make modern storage options (IDE CF Package and the SD Virtual Disk Drive) available.

Where we ADAM owners are fortunate is the compatibility with all the Homebrew releases (cartridges, SGM, etc,) for the ColecoVision that are compatible with the ADAM. That's what we got to hang our hats on!

That's not to say that people haven't been interested in developing software for the ADAM in the recent past, but most of those that I have talked to have ended up moving on with the lone exception being Milli, who is in the process of learning the ins and outs of the system and programming on it.

I'm learning the ins-and-outs of EOS and CP/M as well, I just don't have massive amounts of time to devote to it yet (kids are still too small--I got a pretty late start at parenthood) so for the next bit I'm just dabbling. And following in Milli's shadow.