Atari 1010

5 replies to this topic

#1 The Mr. Video OFFLINE  

The Mr. Video

Chopper Commander

• 223 posts
  • "Insert in LEFT CARTRIDGE SLOT"

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:08 AM

Hi, yesterday I got some Atari 8-bit cassettes that make use of the tape drives duel track feature, but when loading one of the cassettes, I noticed that I only heard the program data channel playing and not the voiceover channel. But when I play the same cassette in a normal tape deck, I can hear both channels just fine. Because it plays the program channel the programs load fine so it isn't too big of a problem, but it would be nice to hear both channels.

#2 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,818 posts

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:20 AM

try different sio cord/wire, try different original tape that was from software company, check 1010 head alignment...check connection on sio sockets and to pcb...

after that it may be time to work one the 1010 itself...

I have witnessed a person who reversed tracks when making their cassettes and re aligned their 1010 head so it loaded but would never play the audio....

#3 The Mr. Video OFFLINE  

The Mr. Video

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 223 posts
  • "Insert in LEFT CARTRIDGE SLOT"

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:30 AM

try different sio cord/wire, try different original tape that was from software company, check 1010 head alignment...check connection on sio sockets and to pcb...
after that it may be time to work one the 1010 itself...

I have witnessed a person who reversed tracks when making their cassettes and re aligned their 1010 head so it loaded but would never play the audio....

Tried every duel track cassette I have and still only heard one channel, the strange thing is it used to play both channels.

#4 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 2,818 posts

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 11:20 AM

well check the cords and such as stated,  if that doesn't sort it try another Atari, and then it's tear the 1010 down time....

whens the last time you cleaned the head?

Edited by _The Doctor__, Tue Dec 5, 2017 11:20 AM.

#5 Gunstar OFFLINE  

Gunstar

Gunstar

• 8,615 posts

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 1:09 PM

I was having all sorts of issues with my 1010 about a year ago. I tried everything external that the doctor mentioned. It turned out to be the wire harness was not fully connected to the pcb, it must have jared loose when I moved to a new home. Its worked great ever since.

#6 BillC OFFLINE  

BillC

Stargunner

• 1,718 posts

Posted Tue Dec 5, 2017 10:33 PM

The issue could also be with the computer or SIO cable. The tape audio is on pin 11 of the SIO(AUDIO IN), and is then mixed with POKEY audio.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Atari 1010

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users