1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard DIY Builders Thread

1088XEL JOY2PIC-STIK XEL-CF-][ UAV Sophia U1MB

880 replies to this topic

#876 flashjazzcat OFFLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,255 posts

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:20 PM

Does anything stand out on my results of the Transend card?

Just that the 4GB Transcend card passes all the tests, so I assume problems with that one are confined to hot-swapping, or that there's some other obscure compatibility issue. The 512MB Transcend is clearly a complete wash-out, meanwhile.

#877 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,624 posts

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:22 PM

Just that the 4GB Transcend card passes all the tests, so I assume problems with that one are confined to hot-swapping, or that there's some other obscure compatibility issue. The 512MB Transcend is clearly a complete wash-out, meanwhile.

It must be some other obscure compatibility issue then after trying a Refresh,  since there wasn't any hot-swapping involved...

#878 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,624 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:33 PM

I received the Refurbed SanDisk cards yesterday and still getting this glitch with the latest firmware:

Picture.jpg

So I tried flashing older versions and the only version that worked with these cards was from June 29, 2017.

Both of the Refurbed SanDisk 4GB cards and the Transend 4GB cards will boot to D3: all day long with all of the firmware releases,  but only the firmware from June 29, 2017 works with the loader using the 2 different card types...

#879 Brentarian OFFLINE  

Brentarian

Moonsweeper

• 390 posts

Posted Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:07 PM

I have USB keyboards and mice working on my 1088XEL now.   :-D  Well, truthfully they are going through a Belkin Omniview Pro KVM that has USB inputs and outputs PS/2.  I have the 4 port unit and is quite large, but this should work until another solution comes around with a smaller footprint. 

#880 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,624 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:17 AM

Here's something to ponder,  the stand-alone SIDE Loader for Incognito runs okay and displays the FAT32 contents just fine and even runs all xex's without a hitch.  So it's not a hardware issue that I'm experiencing ...

#881 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,624 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:50 PM

Got it working now and it was software related, but, only from user error :dunce: 

I had set the SDX size to 192k so I could install GOS.  Reflashed SDX, then GOS, then updated the Firmware <- this was the problen as I used a 256k SDX image..

Today I changed the SDX size back to 256k, reflashed SDX and the Firmware.  Loader isn't having any glitches now :)

Sorry Jon for thinking you had overlooked something,  when I made it wonky :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1088XEL, JOY2PIC-STIK, XEL-CF-][, UAV, Sophia, U1MB

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users