IGNORED

Fix for Lynx II that can't read some carts?

zzip

Electronics cleaning is often done with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isopropyl_alcohol

In Finland you get it from any pharmacy. I believe it is cleaner than rubbing alcohol.

Sometimes rubbing alcohol is ethanol plus some added bitterants to make it undrinkable. And sometimes it is just isopropyl alcohol. Check the bottle for C3H8O.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, I didn't notice I had any until now.

Some of the replies are suggesting I clean the carts, and I will try that, but I was assuming that the contacts in the Lynx itself might be the problem.. how can I clean those? Is there something I can safely stick in the cart slot that would help? Or do I need to disassemble it?

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned the carts with isopropyl alcohol, but that didn't do anything.

Then I tried not inserting the carts all the way. The games started working! I found that if push the cart all the way in, but then pull it back less than a millimeter, it will usually work.

Almost like the contacts aren't properly aligned with the cart slot. But why would it develop a problem like that if it's just been sitting in a closet?