Posted Yesterday, 10:23 AM

^  It's all in the wrists!

#28 davyK OFFLINE  

davyK

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 357 posts

Posted Yesterday, 3:46 PM

Aye........arriving some time after 1pm (GMT) tomorrow......

My stomach churns when I think of it......can't believe it's actually happening (neither does by wife!!!!)

Edited by davyK, Yesterday, 3:50 PM.

#29 Trinity OFFLINE  

Trinity

Stargunner

• 1,709 posts

Posted Today, 6:59 AM

Less than a day now right? :)

@1:22

Meant to say @ 1:12...

So any hour now.:) I'd be camping by the front door! :lol:

#30 davyK OFFLINE  

davyK

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 357 posts

Posted Today, 10:26 AM

Unpacked and up and running. It's heavy.

Slightly worried - the original palette was damaged and the shipper had put a red sticker on the packaging to accept and inspect.

However apart from a small bit of superficial damage at the bottom of the cabinet it looks fine (it actually could have been done by me wrestling with it.)

Powered it up and one is reminded about old 80's CRT - you have wait 30 secs or so for the tube to warm up!  

The image wasn't steady to begin with - the brightness was flickering up and down a bit and the image size was changing slightly.  That seems to have settled down - I'm putting it down to the cold (opening the coin door you could feel very cold air inside - it's probably been sitting in warehouse and containers for a month. I've put it into test mode and it's reporting all is OK.

It seems fine now - will keep an eye on it over the next few days. The display is gorgeous but what hits you is the sound - the bass of the thrust and explosions is simply marvellous - have had to turn the volume WAY down - but I can see me turning that up at parties.

What is slightly disconcerting is the noise the tube itself makes. There is a buzz though you don't notice it while playing but I'm going to mention it to the supplier anyhow. 

The game itself is glorious to play - beautiful control and interia - they have it set to 2 lives so I need to tinker with dip switches etc.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users