IGNORED

Classic COMPUTER Games you'd love to see ported to the 7800

Inky

• 6 months later...

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but...

Going back to the 7800 version of Rescue On Fractals! which i did ask David Fox about years ago...

I've since seen claims it was going to use the existing 5200 maths routines, but game was never finished because you needed a large cartridge to fit all the bitmaps in and that would of pushed the price per cart up by $1 or $2..

Someone was working on a work around solution that would of required less memory on the cartridge.

Is there any truth to any of this?.

I've never really followed the 7800 scene like that,so i was hoping someone on here could help.

In with the other stuff claimed was that prototype carts with the extra Ram existed,but Tramiel was never going to allow the game to be put out on these costing the extra $'s per unit to manufacture as they did, hence the workaround being done.

7800 version could of been the definitive version..:'(

Yeah - and I guess to be fair to Jack (whom we love the bag on), Atari in 1984 to 1986 was struggling to stay afloat, release new product and deal with mess from hell left by Warner and that whole situation.

Everything in those years (until they went public and got public money finally) was about carefully trying to keep the company from collapsing under hellish conditions.

• Like 1