Photo

TI-99/4A Fest West 2018 - Saturday April 28th - Vancouver WA area

14 replies to this topic

#1 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• 1,390 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 PM

Topic for details on the upcoming TI-99/4A Fest West 2018.

----------- I will update Post #1 as things solidify (Updated Dec 17th, 2017) ----------

Date - Saturday April 28th 2018

I do have a location reserved. In the Klickitat room on the 4th floor of the Vancouver Community Library, Vancouver WA.

This is a zero cost event, contingent on us not selling things or taking donations... so I'll be doing none of that.  It is free to attend, and open to walk-ins.

I counted 18 people at last years event. The room is 20 by 30 feet.  so that's 33 square feet per person :)  We should be able to accommodate tables for anyone wanting to setup a system (PM me if you do want tablespace)

We can have the room from 10 - 5:30 ( I'll need from 5:30 to 6 to restore everything and checkout ), and really I'll need 10-10:15 or your assistance, to move tables around, and herd the chairs.

I plan to setup a presentation workstation for us to share. And I'm playing with some gear so that hopefully by April, I'll be setup to live stream to Youtube.  

----

We'll plan to kick off 1st presentation at 11am... If you know you want to spend some time in the spotlight, PM me. When those who have pre-arranged are done, if there is time left, we can give any spontaneous presenters a shot, and follow that with free time.

I'm thinking a social hour (or 1.5 hours as it is) from 12:30 to 2pm with no presentations during that time, to accommodate lunch. There are several restaurants 2 blocks to the west.  People can group up and wander off, or you can bring a sack lunch and snack in the room.  I'll be staying in the room for security. 

• 10am - 11am : Doors open, and room setup, systems setup, mingle...
  • 11am - 12:30pm : Introductions, scheduled presentations
  • 12:30pm - 2pm : Go eat, stay and mingle, come back and mingle... 
  • 2pm - 5:30pm : more presentations, and/or whatever the day brings us!
  • 5:30pm - 6:00pm : Make the room look like we were never there.
  • 6:00pm : Library is closed.

-----

There is parking on site. And it'll be Saturday, so their week-day 2 hour parking limit does not apply.  There is also a parking garage just a block to the south. 

-----

If you want to set up a computer, please let me know (PM me) by end of February, so I can arrange for extra tables if necessary, and make sure you have an outlet. BYO-PowerStrip

-----

Please PM me if any are true:

You want to set up at a table,

You want to present

-----

-M@

#2 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Kwisatz Haderach

• 11,104 posts

Posted Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:49 PM

Date - Saturday April 28th 2018

There is parking on site. And it'll be Saturday, so their week-day 2 hour parking limit does not apply.

Excellent!  Parking in and around big cities can sometimes be troublesome and sometimes spendy.  I'm glad this will NOT be the case.

I have a question... During the past two Fest West's, Arcade Shopper has been there to 'fill our needs and wants', how will that work if selling is verboten?

Will single transactions between two private parties doing a hush hush deal be overlooked/ignored?

#3 PeteE OFFLINE  

PeteE

Chopper Commander

• 111 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:26 AM

I have a question... During the past two Fest West's, Arcade Shopper has been there to 'fill our needs and wants', how will that work if selling is verboten?

Will single transactions between two private parties doing a hush hush deal be overlooked/ignored?

Greg will probably chime in, but last year he had an option on his online order form to allow pick up at Fest West.

#4 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,390 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:03 AM

I've talked to Greg about this.  He is there to fill your needs most of the time, not just at Fest West...  I'm sure we can defend using Fest West as a delivery option... worst case, there is the parking lot...  I suspect the library is often used as a Craigslist 'safe-place'  But yes, I'll leave this up to Greg to say how he wants to handle it.

Anyway, you are all adults... The consequence of violating the rules are the Library refusing to allow us back.  I'm not going to police you. I don't know if the Library will be checking up on us or not... But they are free to do so. 

-M@

#5 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,830 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:13 AM

I'm happy to deliver there that's not against the rules. Will be bringing things to demo and we can always work out something outside if necessary.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#6 adamantyr OFFLINE  

adamantyr

Stargunner

• 1,255 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 AM

Sounds good!

#7 RXB OFFLINE  

RXB

River Patroller

• 2,900 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 AM

Nice will be there!

#8 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,390 posts

Posted Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:46 PM

I've been out to the room today, and I'm content with it. So I'm calling that done.  I've updated post #1 with some assumed schedule, and Please PM me criteria. 

Also, other things to consider... 

Omega put a ton of effort into the last 2 years events, making them bigger and better. I may leave out some aspect you really enjoyed. If so, please let me know either pro-actively, or if after the event you find yourself wanting, then by all means let me know.  I will consider any feedback.  

---

One thing that people seem to enjoy, is prizes... If prizes are donated, beyond just me, then I'll host 'prizes' right after lunch. Prizes must be loosely TI-99 related.  I'll donate something, but I can't commit to what that is quite yet.  If you want to donate a prize, PM me.  

-M@

#9 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Kwisatz Haderach

• 11,104 posts

Posted Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 PM

One thing that people seem to enjoy, is prizes... I

I'll donate something, but I can't commit to what that is quite yet. 

I'd like to win a TIPI... but of course I always wish extravagant!   :grin:

Wish big or don't wish at all... right?

#10 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,390 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:04 AM

Bumping this thread... cause I know you'll all forgive me icon_smile.gif Just keeping it in view...

-M@

#11 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,270 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:34 AM

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this trip. I had to choose the less expensive option, TI Fest West or Chicago TI User group annual meeting. I'll be at Chicago in November so hopefully see you all there.

#12 Airshack OFFLINE  

Airshack

Dragonstomper

• 594 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:56 PM

Like Lenny, I'll need to skip FestWest his time. A plan for Chicago in November is best since my new Escape from North Korea game won't be ready until then. ;-) 

#13 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,270 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:05 PM

LMAO...

#14 jedimatt42 OFFLINE  

jedimatt42

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,390 posts

Posted Sun Jan 7, 2018 10:15 PM

Well, hopefully I'll be setup to live stream any demostrations/presentations etc..

-M@

#15 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Kwisatz Haderach

• 11,104 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:26 PM

Less than three months to go, so figured I'd bump this thread in case it slipped anyones mind, or in case any of the newbies have never heard about the yearly event.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users