“And, thanks especially to JediMatt for being kinda the "master-of-ceremonies"

Uh, that’s Jedi-Master of Ceremonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#102 DuaneAL OFFLINE  

DuaneAL

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:56 PM

Thanks, Airshack, for the link! I'll have to wait to watch it in the morning. I'll binge watch all the other videos starting tomorrow evening. Thanks to everyone who has kept this hobby going all these years. I just got back in earlier this year after a 32 year absence. I hope I can contribute something useful in the future.

#103 LASooner OFFLINE  

LASooner

Moonsweeper

• 281 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:08 PM

The newly posted YouTube PeteE @ Festwest 2018 presentation video confirms your suspicion regarding Tilda graphics via Magellan.

Just launched Flying Shark last night for the first time. Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I couldn't help but notice on the Mac running Magellan, the palette colors don't show up until you select them, that would drive me nuts

#104 PeteE OFFLINE  

PeteE

Chopper Commander

• 145 posts

Posted Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:46 PM

Looks like it was a great event!  I noticed the picture of Legend of Tilda- will it be available (or is it available)?  My family loves Zelda.  I never imagined that those kind of games would be possible on a 99. Did PeteE do the graphics in Magellan? My 8 year old and 5 year old sons have been having a blast with Magellan Nothing to compare with Tilda or Flying Shark, but its cool to show them the kind of things that can be done.

EDIT: Just noticed the Tilda sign said in development- sorry!

Yes, the graphics were all done using Magellan.  The Tilda thread is in the development forum...

I couldn't help but notice on the Mac running Magellan, the palette colors don't show up until you select them, that would drive me nuts

Yeah, I tend to use Windows for Magellan and having a mouse works better too than the trackpad on the MacBook Air.  I'll take a look at the source and see if I can figure out why the palette is busted.  The sprite drawing grid also gets shrunk sometimes too. :?

#105 DuaneAL OFFLINE  

DuaneAL

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:34 AM

Yes, the graphics were all done using Magellan.  The Tilda thread is in the development forum...

Yeah, I tend to use Windows for Magellan and having a mouse works better too than the trackpad on the MacBook Air.  I'll take a look at the source and see if I can figure out why the palette is busted.  The sprite drawing grid also gets shrunk sometimes too. :?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users