IGNORED

Book?

Do you want to see this as a book?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to see this as a book?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

A book version of this tutorial is an excellent idea. I've been copying and pasting each post into a MS Word Document and tidying it up for myself, but I'd definitely buy a copy if it was published, if anything just to support all of your hard work!

AM

A book version of this tutorial is an excellent idea.  I've been copying and pasting each post into a MS Word Document and tidying it up for myself, but I'd definitely buy a copy if it was published, if anything just to support all of your hard work!

AM

Ditto. Word for word. Exactly.

Hi there!

Should this tutorial be tidied up, turned into a book and hawked to a publisher for release in hard-copy format?

Hehe, I assume it is killing Mike to see that you are writing the book in a few days under his very eyes, which he was talking about for some three years now :D

Well, to answer your question: I definetely want to have this as a book. I have a collection of some 50+ 8-Bit Assembly books and yours certainly would become the crown-jewels of that collection!

Greetings,

Manuel

Hi there!

Should this tutorial be tidied up, turned into a book and hawked to a publisher for release in hard-copy format?

Hehe, I assume it is killing Mike to see that you are writing the book in a few days under his very eyes, which he was talking about for some three years now :D

Well, to answer your question: I definetely want to have this as a book. I have a collection of some 50+ 8-Bit Assembly books and yours certainly would become the crown-jewels of that collection!

Greetings,

Manuel

Sometimes a bit of competition actually gets people off their bums, and gets products out the door. I would welcome him finally deciding to publish - and meanwhile I'll just keep plodding away!

i think it would be EXCELLENT.

i have been laying out the pages in Pagemaker.

(i'm on a Mac)

:)

i have an Atari binder i have been filling up with info from the web for quite sometime. (schematics, OpCodes, bankswitching, source code, mods, etc.)

your info is going in the front with the Stella Programmer's manual.

what would be REALLY nifty is if the book also feature Mods and hack info as well.

maybe a CD with code, tools, and other things.

a really nice compendium for the 2600 fanatic!!!

with cafepress.com doing books, you should be able to design and layout the book and print it very easily w/o much legwork on the distribution end as they do all that stuff. of course, you may not make as much per book using cafepress, but that really depends on the publisher you go with and what kind of prices they charge... you might find that the small amount that cafepress gives you is more than what you might make from an independent publisher.