IGNORED

Tips for the Jaguar

matthew954

• 2 weeks later...

I just found another auction that seems promising, though the Jag in question has an issue with fuzzy graphics. The seller doesn't mention anything about whether he used RF or composite connections. But also says that he didn't test it with a game, but the auction comes with Cybermorph, and Checkered Flag. It comes with everything needed to get started, but the fact that the lot includes 2 carts, though haven't tested them has me worried a bit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-Black-Console-1-Controller-2-Games-And-A-V-Cable-Transformer-Manual/273068634682?hash=item3f9428b23a:g:gSoAAOSwryBag3tn

Have them send you a pic of the console ON with a cartridge in. Maybe a bad RF unit? You can also get some composite/s-video cables or a coax adapter. It does look like it was stored in a shed with the dust and grime on it. And it also says 30-day returns on the listing but to pay return shipping for a unit that might not work, definitely ask for some pics of the console ON with a game and decide from there.

Have them send you a pic of the console ON with a cartridge in. definitely ask for some pics of the console ON with a game and decide from there.

That's brilliant. I was going to suggest asking for pics with the console OFF, but ON makes so much more sense!

Also, the seller updated the auction, says it works fine now after a cleaning. Take that FWIW.

I just found another auction that seems promising, though the Jag in question has an issue with fuzzy graphics. The seller doesn't mention anything about whether he used RF or composite connections. But also says that he didn't test it with a game, but the auction comes with Cybermorph, and Checkered Flag. It comes with everything needed to get started, but the fact that the lot includes 2 carts, though haven't tested them has me worried a bit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-Jaguar-Black-Console-1-Controller-2-Games-And-A-V-Cable-Transformer-Manual/273068634682?hash=item3f9428b23a:g:gSoAAOSwryBag3tn

Looks like he changed the description to be "fully functional". Still, I would plan on taking the unit apart and fully cleaning that shell, and take time to carefully clean the cartridge slot and connectors on the back. The manuals look like they could have been wet at one point.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm still on the Jag hunt and found this auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132513643205?ViewItem=&item=132513643205

The seller says that they tried using a different power cord, and the system won't respond. I've heard that the Jag will run with a model 1 genesis cord, but will it run with anything else?

Well I messaged the seller, and he used a power cord from his wifes scrap book cutting machine. He said the voltage and polarity "should" have been enough to power it, but didn't know why it wouldn't. He said I should have better luck with either a Sega or Jag power cord.

Yikes. I would not be willing to sink any substantial money into it.

• Like 2

Dude, you're in the _Jaguar_ forum. Do you really think you will convince Jaguar fans that the SNES or Sega version is better?? Give your head a shake.

I dont think thats accurate at all. I have no problem pointing out when something is better on another console. I think the majority of sane Jag fans dont have a problem with that either. :)