Photo

PEB Temperature probe

10 replies to this topic

#1 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• 1,025 posts

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:21 PM

I think I remember some of you installing a temperature probe (with a digital display) to monitor the temps in your PEB. Any suggestions on which one to use? Or a source other than eBay?

#2 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 12,499 posts

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:31 PM

I think I remember some of you installing a temperature probe (with a digital display) to monitor the temps in your PEB. Any suggestions on which one to use? Or a source other than eBay?

Other than Ebay?  Sorry, I can't help you there.  The one I purchased in my blog entry shown 

<< HERE >> has a direct link to the insanely inexpensive one I purchased (from eBay) when I installed mine.  You might consider taking a look anyway... if you cannot find an alternate source.  Honestly, I've been quite happy with it over the past year.

#3 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,025 posts

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:36 PM

What do you think about a battery powered one instead of 12V?

#4 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 12,499 posts

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:43 PM

What do you think about a battery powered one instead of 12V?

That would be a matter of individual choice. 

I liked the built in Y-adapter for the power on the one shown in my blog entry, and since I did not plan to use it when the box is off, it seemed the right choice for me.  Honestly, I don't really like changing batteries or worrying about them leaking.

#5 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

River Patroller

• 2,510 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:08 PM

Yep, same one I got based on your recommendation - They work great (I installed 3 - FDC, 32K, Firehose).

Nothing like peace of mind.

#6 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,025 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:31 AM

For better or worse, I ordered your recommended temp gauge. I have a standalone DSK3 in an external box that I intend to use to power it. I am undecided about a box to pouse it in, however. I might just lay the box on its side and mount it in the empty half-height drive bay. Will it fit there?

#7 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,025 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:04 PM

How did you guys mount the probe in the P-Box?

#8 AMenard OFFLINE  

AMenard

Dragonstomper

• 632 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:06 PM

So many joke could be made about probe insertion, but I'll stay quiet :)

#9 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• 12,499 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:21 PM

For better or worse, I ordered your recommended temp gauge. I have a standalone DSK3 in an external box that I intend to use to power it. I am undecided about a box to pouse it in, however. I might just lay the box on its side and mount it in the empty half-height drive bay. Will it fit there?

Yes, it fits fine in a 1/2 height bay as shown here...

gallery_35324_1001_71512.jpg

I sent you the PNG graphic of the cutting template in a PM.  

• RXB likes this

#10 atrax27407 OFFLINE  

atrax27407

Stargunner

• Topic Starter
  • 1,025 posts

Posted Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Mine came in today. Got it installed quite easily. I got a half height tray with a black face plate. Fortunately, it had a punch out in the middle that was exactly the height of the gauge. I reinforced the sides with some "donor" bits of plastic from another face plate by hot-gluing them in place. Cut the sides to fit. Ran the probe into the P'Box and secured it in the space over a couple of half height cards. Plugged it up and it is good to go.

#11 discgolfer72 OFFLINE  

discgolfer72

Moonsweeper

• 271 posts

Posted Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:34 PM

I didn't see a price for the one you used

but I have one of these I'm my pc

and from memory it has 2 temp probes and can control 6 fans each with  its own speed control

https://www.amazon.c...eywords=nzxt ac

edit

according to amazon it says only one temp sensor  but I swear mine has 2 probes (maybe 2 probes 1 sensor )

and states 5 fan connectors

Edited by discgolfer72, Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:38 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users